1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

1993 W250

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Right on, thanks man. You got a damn good looking rig yourself. I know 1600 in one of these old 1st gens can get you some good power. I'll probably just be building the suspension custom with no blocks.. I have some Ideas in mind. We'll see.. that's later on. Right now I just want to get it cleaned up and do some maintenance. Be safe out there man! I've got several friends deployed right now.. ****'s no fun.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Diesel Fan

Completely un-related to my truck.. I found this video surfing youtube and needed to share. This is a 750 hp 4bt twin turbo. The best part of this? The vehicle was built in my home state of MT. Gotta love it..

I apologize, I tried embedding the video and it didn't work.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Now I realize I wasn't quite paying attention! The 750 hp one is the 6bt. I dunno how much hp the 4bt makes.. still really cool.

Last edited by 1stgenctd; 05-13-2012 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-20-2012, 03:44 AM
Diesel Fan

Haven't been on in a while, I was just on CF and figured I'd jump over here and give some updates... if you can call it that. I'll be home from this tour next month on the 25th. Anyways today I ordered a Crunch P1100.2 Amp and one Hifonics ZRX12D4 subwoofer (highly highly recommend maxxsonics products for budget, their stuff is underrated and cheap) Yesterday I ordered 3 way 6x9's for the front and 3 way 4x10's for the rear both matching rockford fosgate. The problem I'm having is.. I'm a little confused, I read up on the forums for stock replacement size's and saw a couple saying 6x9 and 4x10.. Well then I seen a post where someone was using 5x6's. Can anyone clarify what the stock sizes for a '93 are? I'd really appreciate it..

Old 09-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Diesel Fan

Hey guys, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.. The truck needs new outer CV joints in the Dana 60.. Does anyone have a part number? Included a pic with the circled part

Name:  wmd60-front.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  66.5 KB

Old 09-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Diesel Fan

Up.. anyone?

Old 12-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by 1stgenctd
Hey guys, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.. The truck needs new outer CV joints in the Dana 60.. Does anyone have a part number? Included a pic with the circled part

Anyone know this part number? I have the CV circled in the picture. I'll be home from TX soon and would like to get the majority of this truck taken care of.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Diesel Fan

Figure I'd post an update.. I just got back to TX from taking leave. I put a battery in the truck and it started right up as always, and it was cold in Montana. I'm having my father drop the truck at a shop today or tomorrow to have a little bit done to it.. Head gasket, head studs, machined head, center drive shaft support bearing and all fluids, hoses, belt and filters changed (truck has been sitting for ~4 years. Then I will probably have it brought down to me next month.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

first off, sweet truck! i hope you have fun with it...... now, as far as the disk brake swap.... its a heck of an improvement from what ive heard, especialy if you plan on stopping a load.... the a518 is a good trans, and holds up better to power than the 5speed. unless you plan on pushing 500hp you might as well just put a shift kit, and do some tuning on the old a518, theres a thread on it somewhere around here

and back to the paint, i dont know how handy you are with body work/paint but unless you have a heck of a shop dont even attempt to do a color swap to black! i mean i cant tell you what to do (your truck and all) but painting a 1st gen requires stripping it down to bear metal and re primering and painting. the base coat from the factory is defective and there is not a paint in the world that will stick for more than 3 years. and plus black metalic is one of the hardest paints to get right.... it shows every imperfection on the surface and would probably drive you crazy..... i re painted mine and kept it the factory collor, it was a long journey getting every bit of base coat off!

Old 01-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Diesel Fan

Thanks for the response! I actually think I'm gonna leave it as it is for now other than a fuel pin, 366 spring, M&H dynamic timing and hopefully a shift kit some time.. The trans is fairly fresh according to the previous owner (who is a family friend).

Anyways.. I got a couple quotes from some shops and I'm just waiting on one more quote before I bite the bullet and send it in.. Hopefully it will be in tomorrow afternoon.

I need to get a better turbo as well.. Definitely looking at an HE351 cause my EGT's can get up there pretty quick with the stock H1C.. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just incase you didnt figure this out yet..its not a cv. just go to the parts store and ask for "wheeljoints"

nice looking rig..i got a 4 in skyjacker spring lift in mine and it rides nice

Quick Reply: 1993 W250