12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

clutches

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:27 PM
FormerVendor
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Valair1
we have not have any clutches fly apart, and cheap, well lets say we are willing to settle for reasonable profit, we sell 10-15k units in clutches a year, you would think there would be more evidence to back up your claim out there, as far as warranty goes no one has a better warranty than us, so lets see your proof of what you claim, if its out there then lets see it.
Well there you have it! So, to all other manufactures in the market you need to step it up. Heck, I thought we have been doing a pretty good job over the years but it seems it has not been good enough.

Sorry

Peter

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

we sell 10-15k units in clutches a year
i havent skewed any numbers if anything they are low,yes this number is combined but all diesel clutches, we sell around 500 plus a month in Performance clutches, and 1000 plus per month in class 6,7,8.
Sorry to beat a dead horse but things don't add up...

10 to 15 thousand clutches a year. 10,000 is a lot and 15,000 is half again as many but 500+ a month in performance and 1000+ a month in class 6,7,8 (OK semi's) comes to 18,000+ clutches a year. Well sir, you kick our a$$. I would have to say that you are one of the top selling clutch companies in the country. You actually dwarf us. Dan, all I can say is the clutch world is relatively small and most read the forums and I will say that there are a lot of people dropping their jaws. But hey, the folks on the internet are none the wiser.

Peter

Last edited by sb clutch; 09-09-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts

sorry hammer; wasnt trying to tell everyone to go grab a ridalin and go stare at a dot on the wall for 3 hours until your next dose... just say you may have seen them grenade with some nasty effects but that doesnt mean they're absolute junk. for anyone else it may be the perfect clutch; so as stated before by others it is possible to grenade any clutch out there... it all depends on what you subject them to. and this is why i stated something about having a biased opinion... i realise alot of guys are well into the performance diesel scene; and your right i dont know you therefore i really dont judge. i've read your posts and always look forward to reading something interesting/intriguing but reality is every clutch/company fits someones application. just when ever the valairs let loose they were the wrong choice for the work load they were going to be subjected to SBC may just be built more with the intent or assumption that SOMEONE is going to put it through a living hell so they beef it abit more than what they advertise where valair may follow everything they specify as that clutches EXACT load... there really are too many variables to be for sure which product is inferiorr.. and hammer of all people i'm sure you can relate to trial and error... it's how many of us get where we are today... if the valair fails you try a different clutch.. and visa versa about SBC; just some get lucky and pick the perfect clutch for what they're doing... just my .02 i wasn't tryin to call anyone out just stating that each clutch may be perfect another person and by stating that no matter what it's junk... maybe they dont have to buy the more expensive one and can get away with it. if i were going to pull my truck and subject my driveline to that situation you can bet your i'm not going to go with the cheaper one... i'm a fond believer of you get what you pay for...

Old 09-10-2009, 05:51 AM
FormerVendor
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=sb clutch;391889]Well there you have it! So, to all other manufactures in the market you need to step it up. Heck, I thought we have been doing a pretty good job over the years but it seems it has not been good enough.

Sorry

Peter

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Sorry to beat a dead horse but things don't add up...

10 to 15 thousand clutches a year. 10,000 is a lot and 15,000 is half again as many but 500+ a month in performance and 1000+ a month in class 6,7,8 (OK semi's) comes to 18,000+ clutches a year. Well sir, you kick our a$$. I would have to say that you are one of the top selling clutch companies in the country. You actually dwarf us. Dan, all I can say is the clutch world is relatively small and most read the forums and I will say that there are a lot of people dropping their jaws. But hey, the folks on the internet are none the wiser.

Peter[/QUOTE
Peter i can back up everything i claim, how about you.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:33 AM
FormerVendor
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Dan, it is more so about business ethics.

Not but about a month ago someone else got your feathers ruffled so you started publicly spouting about how many clutches you sell and everything you have and own is paid for and you have a 7 digit personal bank account. 7 digit, so that is at least $1,000,000.00. Was this to make you feel better or to make that person beneath you?

I think I have a fair size company and with growth and expansion I certainly owe the bank some money. I have a simple house with a mortgage. I lease a GMC Acadia. We did buy about 6 months ago a 03 DTCD 5sp as a shop truck and paid $11,000 cash for it with the insurance check from the wrecked truck. I employ about 25 people, pay their insurance and make sure they can take care of their family's.

Another time, you and I were bouting on a public forum and you pretty much told me the same thing as I stated above but added that you now own 200+ CNC machines and that I had better watch out because your clutch prices were going to go low. But you state above that you have Kenny's Machine out of Kentucky make some of your flywheels and Ace Manufacturing out of Missouri make other flywheels for your company. Hum, if I owned 200+ CNC machines you would bet your sweet bottom I'd be making my own flywheels.

Back when you were posting this I happened to have a couple of clutch component suppliers that sell to both of us here at the shop. I turned the screen to them and got a chuckle. They said, Pete didn't you know Dan sold his business to Paul Wu from Taiwan.

Now it all makes sense

Old 09-10-2009, 10:40 AM
FormerVendor
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

you dont have a clue, i am still a active partner in the businesss and run the entire business and all of the stock holders are US citizens 100%. Yes i have partners with big money and no we dont owe anyone including the banks. 0 debt. and we pay all of our bills on time, call around you will find this out. and yes we make all of our own single plate flywheels and nodular flywheels at our plant, and yes kennys has made some flywheels for us as well as Ace and Standard out of CA. , it helps to make short run's before going into production. besides i dont believe you can get a flywheel sfi approved if its foriegn made material. we sell some very large company's. i never could have gotten as big with out investors, and the 7 firgure digit is in the Company bank account. so please get your story right if your gonna post it up. i'm tired of having to explain to you, maybe you sould focus more on your business than your competitors.

Last edited by Valair1; 09-10-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:21 AM
BOMBARDIER
Received 1,322 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Ok,

This isnt about clutches anymore and unfortunately its going nowhere fast.

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 09-10-2009 at 11:56 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Dr. Evil:
12valvetater (09-11-2009), Diesel Dawgs Performance (09-10-2009), Lil Dog (09-10-2009)