12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

clutches

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 06:48 AM
FormerVendor
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Internet salesman, Cheap parts, Dude your really out there. how about we get all the suppliers to reveal their source and lets see what you find out. I'll start
1. all of our disc components and all of our SFI flywheels are made by Ace racing in sullivan MO. Kenny's has made some for us as well.
Ace-Mfg.com/ Kennyspullingparts.com
2. all of the buttons we use are exclusivley made from Wellman products in Ohio
3. our pressure plates come from a couple of sources including ace,some out of Detroit MI.and a few foriegn made.
4.the bearings alignement tools etc.. well i cant vouch for their manufactured continent.
So you can see that cheap is not any part of the equation. We by in large volume to cut cost. i have more than 1M in inventory. all of our clutches are built in house. I personally have been building clutches for 35 years and will assure you i have a good reputation in this field.
i can proove all of this, so when you start sending people with a claim, 1st supply an invoice we can be assured they purchased our unit then lets see what they were doing with the clutch and lets see what kind of power they are producing. and bragging on the internet, i dont think you will find me doing that if so lets see this if you got it to.i dont advertise hardley at all, all of my business was built from customers word of mouth, and it worked really good, give them a good deal and they will tell everyone, screw them over and they will tell as well. so lets see you proof. and as far as pulling goes i only stay up with the Texas boy's and prolly 75% use our clutch. but we have more than 100 distributors in the USA and sell probably 100+ dual disc a month.

I'm anything but an internet salesman i dont advertise i let the product speak for itself. so lets see their invoice while they register, anyone can say anything on the internet, i dont keep up with names but dont worry i'll do the same with regestering everyone that runs our clutch,I'll make sure and get some names for you this week. i also see your in PA, check out East Coast Diesel they sell quite a few of our clutches and even run one of our triple disc's.

Last edited by Valair1; 09-06-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

now im gonna be runnin a valair. Not because there cheap, not because there better, now im just gonna run one so i can be one of those guys to post on this thread how badass they are! i like supporting the "little man" in this case not so little but still the underdog. Hell im even gonna put one of those big Valair sticksers on my back window!!

The following users liked this post:
Valair1 (09-06-2009)
Old 09-06-2009, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

here you go some names in a sanctioned circut the Texas Truck Pulling Association
TTTPA ON THE WEB texas truck pulling association
in super street diesel we have
"Keep It Cummin", Joey Lindley currently second in points
"Liney Pigot"
"Grey Truck" Entee Sublett
"The Farm Truck" Dan Vallance-ME

Pro Stock 4x4 series
"Texas Twister" Glen Sayler
"Wiley Wagon" Jimmy wylie

Limited Modified Series
the "Joker" Roger Armstrong
"Rattler" Justin Cherry
"Fair Game" Keith Cherry
and actually alot more i just cant remember everyones names, although we are probably all just no names.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i just got my sbc and i love it. call em up get a quote. i couldn't be happier with theyre service and support great people to do buisness with.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

i just got my sbc and i love it. call em up get a quote. i couldn't be happier with theyre service and support great people to do buisness with.

Last edited by navalseabee; 09-06-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

my brother runs a valair and does boosted launches no problem. likes it. granted he would rather have an auto but for the price he got a great clutch and good quality. never had a problem at the track... sometimes they break sometimes they dont. it happens.

Old 09-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

valair all the way in my 700+ horse CR on 37's. got alot of 4th low hooks and alot of 3rd gear 25-30psi launches with no problems.

If youve never met dan or seen him "test his clutch" than you dont know why we all run them. he stands behind his product 200% and has never hesitated to help even if the problem wasnt his clutch. ive got 15k hard miles on mine and will push it as far as dan says to before letting him build me a triple disk.

before people start bashing peoples parts and service they need to do a little research

Old 09-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Well it looks like the old debte is back.... Unfortunately some people are completely wrong andd need to sit back andnot put their incorrect information online. BOTH companies have awesome customer service. BOTH companis have great products considering their sources are the same for friction materials.now as far as quality I've ran south bend and valair. So far we haven't killed either YET. The south bends iv installed have all been LOUDER than the ValAir dual discs we've installed.I personally been runnin Valair for the past 5 years. I even had a severely abused single disc completely warrantied and upgraded at no cost to me. And I just got off the phone with Dan at ValAir on a sunday of a holiday weekend and he actually answered. There is no way on god's green earth I could do that with peter @ south bend. Now don't get me wrong, peter has taken care of us when we have needed it. And yes even a south bend has flaws. I personally love how people judge a product when they pull it out of a truck that they have never driven or the owner doesn't tell the entire story. When I pulled my first clutch out of my truck I could have complained and thrown a fit and tried to warranty it out and no one would have known any better if I went with a story that all I did was dd the truck when in reality the clutch originally in my truck had offroadin, 13 sled hooks and drag racing and burnouts on it. I talked to dan told him wat problems I was havin and told him exactly how it happened. He took care of me and didn't bat an eye. As far as quality goes I'd sit a ValAir against a SBC any day. My last 13"VA had over 30 drag passes numerous burnouts idk how many street racing or 3rd gear launvches on it. I pulled it out to go bigger and my buddies cvlutch went out. We threw it in his truck and he still sled pulled with it as well as burnouts and slippil the clutch and drag racing. We now keep that clutch on hand as a just in case last minuteemergency use for personal or customer use if it came down to it to get someone home. The facts are what need to be looked at like the fact that ValAir is less expensivve and holds up just as well as anyone on the market. Proof is in the pudding and Dan has prven to a lot of people his clutches will hang with the big dogs and we've personally ran 7 ValAir clutches in our various trucks from sled pullin to trailer haulin to all around toys.

On a side note I cvant wait to see ur new toys since the last time I saw em dan. I'm still surprised you can use ur computer.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive got pleeeeeeeeeenty of hooks to a sled with my 700hp - 1568 ft. lbs of torque 6.7 cummins and GUESS WHAT im running a VALAIR DUAL DISK THAT HAS NEVER SLIPPED, pull a 32ft gooseneck as well and GUESS WHAT, NEVER SLIPPED!! IM GONNA RUN VALAIR DUAL DISK AND THE PRICE IS ALOT BETTER

Old 09-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts

opinions are opinions; bashing products... i'm not too fond of. if i were in the market for such a product i'd probably listen to someone that doesnt try to push the fact that the clutch is complete crap or boast excessively of how awesome this clutch is... keep it simple and tell yourside of the sotry without shooting one person or the other down; everyone drives differently and every product can have its problem... it's nature... when you can band over and crap out a perfect clutch... then you can jump up and down saying that everyone elses product is junk... i've heard good things from both companies. and if you notice a huge pattern here... customer service is MUCH better when you dont blow smoke at the vendor... they know better you tell them some bullshizz and they're going to give it right back to you. they may not be out of cut throats for a profit but they arent going to let sumone else cut theirs just to maintain a crooked customer... just my .02 take it or leave it; think twice before you decide to give a biased opinion when your trying to help someone.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 103 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer
REALLY?????....
Are you SURE????....
I know of more than one that I have seen at two local shops that owners bought of the internet and did the install only to have them come apart.I guess I should have taken photo's so I had the proof you so desire to back up my claim.I am amazed at how companies like you can stand on the premise that your perfect and so are your parts and what people have seen with their own two eyes is not true.

You claim 10-15k units sold and I would say that could be true,if you count all the other markets you sell clutches in.I'd say 10-15k of performance diesel pick-up clutch sales is a stretch but who am I to say as you can skew the number all you want to prove your right.

I am entitiled to my opinon and my say on your units.I know what I have seen and just because no one else will say it does not mean I am going to be silent on it.You say reasonable cost I say cheap,there is no difference and in the grand scheme of things if you fit that lower budget niche,then good for you.

As For you 94cummins12v.....
I have yet to see a SBC,Haisley Machine or a EEP double disc ever slip in boosted launches.I have seen a Valair do more than that when doing one and that owner is now a SBC customer because of the failure.
key word dual disk clutch maybe you should read a bit more before asuming, last time i checks a 13" conversion full ceramic was a single, oh wait i own one