Possible chip malfunction? - Diesel Bombers



Diesel In Distress - Support Ticket Need Help ? Broke Down Or in Urgent Need Of Assistance Post Here , Thread Will Be Priority and You have the ability to close your own thread when its fixed . If You Do Not Reply in 10 Days your thread will be closed as we will assume its fixed , You can Reopen YOUR Discussion Topic if you wish .

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 07-29-2018, 05:06 PM
Diesel Fan
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 13
help Possible chip malfunction?

Hello, I'm super upset right now because my 2012 3500 with 60,000 miles that I paid $52,000 for is having trouble. I've owned it for around 6 months now and just yesterday I noticed that when I'm driving up a hill, the engine tops out at 50 mph. I can press the gas pedal down to the floor as much as I want and yet the engine struggles to bust 2000 rpms and like I said top speed is 50 mph. I'm thinking of trading it in for a Ford diesel, NEW goddamnit with a goddamn WARANTEE. And hopefully this time I'll be able to drive the thing for a year or so without any issue. Anyways, I guess my question is, is this normal? Am I over-reacting? Should I just get it fixed at the dealership instead of trading it in?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-29-2018, 07:08 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 137
Default

Sounds like it went into "Limp" mode, no check engine lights?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-29-2018, 08:14 PM
gunman41mag's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MIAMI, FLORIDA
Posts: 67,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanreddick View Post
Hello, I'm super upset right now because my 2012 3500 with 60,000 miles that I paid $52,000 for is having trouble. I've owned it for around 6 months now and just yesterday I noticed that when I'm driving up a hill, the engine tops out at 50 mph. I can press the gas pedal down to the floor as much as I want and yet the engine struggles to bust 2000 rpms and like I said top speed is 50 mph. I'm thinking of trading it in for a Ford diesel, NEW goddamnit with a goddamn WARANTEE. And hopefully this time I'll be able to drive the thing for a year or so without any issue. Anyways, I guess my question is, is this normal? Am I over-reacting? Should I just get it fixed at the dealership instead of trading it in?
Have the truck checked before getting upset & making a decision while you're mad
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-29-2018, 09:37 PM
Diesel Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chesterhill, Ohio
Posts: 15
Default

Take a quick look at where all the electric cables plug into the trans. Maybe loose or broken. It doe's sound like it has gone into limp mode. It is in that mode to protect the trans. But some kind of warning light should have come on.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-30-2018, 04:11 PM
Diesel Fan
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly1 View Post
Sounds like it went into "Limp" mode, no check engine lights?
no light that I can remember. Iíll look into limp mode thank you
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-30-2018, 04:13 PM
Diesel Fan
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman41mag View Post
Have the truck checked before getting upset & making a decision while you're mad
good idea thank you
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.