6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Newbie seeking some direction.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newbie seeking some direction.

Hello Everyone, Looking for some options for my 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 6.7 auto with 89,000 miles. Did the required/suggested EGR service at the dealer about 3 months ago. Came out $1600 lighter including an oil change. Dealer could not clear engine light code saying EGR needed to be replaced now at a price of $1300 more. Told them to shove it. Have just about finished redoing our house after loosing everything again due to Hurricane Harvey this time. Just a couple of days ago I got another code come up saying " Exhaust blockage or something and see dealer for service". It now has a loss of power somewhat but still runs and will creep up speed after a bit of slowly shifting up. Have read about deleting the EGR and Cooler. My truck doesn't use DEF and is all stock at this time. Plan on pulling a 40 foot 5th wheel soon to try and relax from the 1 plus year its taken to get our house back in order. I do pretty good on DIY projects so would feel pretty comfortable doing a delete my self. Have done business from a place called Geno's Garage and they deal with diesel only products so i'm sure they'll have the delete kit for my truck. Has any one had this kind of issue with their trucks or know of a possible fix for my issue. I will be taking time to do the breaks, shocks and oil change in the next week or two so im just trying to get set up on a possible fix. Not all that savy on some of the diesel issues as this is my first one and am real happy with my truck. Have heard some stuff on tuners but not that informed and just trying to stay as simple and trouble free as possible but open to anything for any possible improvements. Planning on hitting the road probably by summers end. Any positive feed back will be GREATLY appreciated. Will seek out a hopefully honest diesel shop here in Houston, Tx if necessary on anything I can't handle my self. Thanks in advance for any help and will keep everyone updated on my adventure, . Have a great weekend. OD