6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

07.5 EGR Delete vs EGR Disable

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07.5 EGR Delete vs EGR Disable

I have a 07.5 and will be doing deletes to it this weekend. Not going into crazy settings with this thing. Proably be running on a stock or mild setting (while towing). I'm running new TBE with muffler. I ordered a full EGR delete kit but now have some questions. I've been on several forums asking questions and searching through the archives but no one has really pin pointed what I need to know. Which is better: EGR Delete or EGR Disable (through XRT PRO). I've heard good and bad about doing the EGR Delete. One of the bad is possible blown head gasket and the need to install a Waste Gate. The bad I've heard about the disable is stagnet coolant sitting around and eventually cracking the egr cooler. I wan't to know what you guys have done in the past to your trucks and what kind of results you saw doing both methods. Emmissions checking is not an issue right now where I live. Please share your experience! Thanks for all your help. I'm lost right now

Old 08-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is why I stay with my 99 24v, I've done the EGR by pass on a few 6.7 Powerstrokes but never worked on the Cummins EGR Deletes yet. A lot of guys down here in Crossville TN run Powerstrokes. But I'll offer my help if you need it.

This cooler delete must be used in along with a DPF delete style programmer to get rid of the check engine lights and limp mode situations.

aFe Power EGR Cooler Delete - 46-90071- 2007.5-2008 Dodge Cummins 6.7L

ANY COMPANY WILL TELL YOU THIS, ALONG WITH ANY MECHANIC.
They're WARNING ---> THIS PRODUCT MAY BE CAPABLE OF DISABLING ALL OR PART OF THE EMISSIONS SYSTEM ON CERTAIN VEHICLE APPLICATIONS, WHEN SELECTED BY THE END USER TO DO SO. EMISSIONS REMOVAL IS NOT LEGAL ANYWHERE WITHIN THE USA, UNLESS THE VEHICLE IS NOT REGISTERED WITH THE DIVISION OF MOTOR VEHICLES, AND IS BEING USED SOLELY AS A COMPETITION RACE VEHICLE. BY SELECTING ANY SETTINGS THAT CAN ALLOW REMOVAL OF EMISSIONS EQUIPEMNT, YOU ACCEPT ALL RISK AND LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH ITS USE, AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

1.All settings or calibrations that may allow emissions removal are intended and developed for off-highway, organized, sanctioned, closed-course RACE/COMPETITION USE ONLY! Any other use, on ANY road, public or private, within the USA, is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
2.We insist that you do not select any calibrations or settings if this vehicle has been registered or certified for highway use within the USA.
3.This product when used incorrectly may violate local, state, and federal laws pertaining to emissions, traffic, registration, and safety.
4.Use of this product may damage or destroy mechanical and/or electrical components of this vehicle.
5.Use of this product may void or nullify the vehicles factory warranty.
6.User understands that motorsports are dangerous, and that installation of this product may subsequently require special driving skills or techniques to safely operate the vehicle.
7.User assumes sole responsibility for the safe, proper, and legal use of the vehicle at all times.
8.The purchaser and end user releases, indemnifies, discharges, and holds harmless Thoroughbred Diesel from any and all claims, damages, causes of action, injuries, or expenses resulting from or relating to the use or installation of this product that is in violation of the terms and conditions on this page, the product disclaimer, and/or the product installation instructions. Thoroughbred Diesel will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, punitive, statutory, or incidental damages or fines cause by the use or installation of this product.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 123 Likes on 108 Posts

Egr disable it still leaks into the intake therefore not really helping deleteing it it can not leak at all solving all probs