Help with Front End - Diesel Bombers

5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Help with Front End

Old 10-24-2018, 12:53 PM
Default Help with Front End

Can anybody tell me what I need to be looking at on the front end of these? Truck is an 07 mega cab. Supposedly has a Rancho Lift. No idea on size of lift. Truck is running 37s. I've attached some photos the owner sent me. Looks pretty rusty. I've never owned a 3rd gen 2500 diesel. Only messed with the 1st gen w250s and gassers. Please help with anything I need to know.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:35 AM
Diesel Fan

Well, first go over everything, and make sure all is tight. Running oversize tire's is hard on all front end parts. Ball joints take the most beating. Notice the shiney wear around the bolt on the lower right track arm. Maybe bad bushings. Also has the steering linkage been upgraded. That looks like the old Y-style linkage. How many miles on it? Are those brackets sticking out on the front end? Was it used for plowing? If so that is also hard on the front end.

Old 01-02-2019, 09:56 AM
Diesel Fan

AfternI put 35's on my 07 I developed the death wobble . dual stabilizers and the steering box stabilizing kit along with all new components . They wanted 3400 at the dodge dealer to fix it . I bought an 08 back in 08 and it did the same thing

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.