12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Additives for blowby?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 07:52 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Restore would most likely roach your bottom end as well. Imagine tht **** being on bearings thrown around under pressure at 600-2800 rpms...

Old 08-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 142 Likes on 136 Posts

I have a different perspective ....... I think u might just have low fuel pressure and the IP Is possibly dribbling fuel out of injectors causing bad spray pattern ..... wich can mask its self as blow bye ..... .. totally possible ..... or mis adjusted afc housing will make a mess also .........

When u get 2 $ grab a turbo return gasket ....... oull the line off @ oil pan ..... put return line I to small bucket with alittle oil In the bottom ........ put the line below the oil and have someone start the truck ....... rev it up a few times for boost .... if u see bubbles ur turbo is feeding ur crank csee with pressure and will need to be rebuilt ...... if no bubbles then ur only out a gasket and some time ........ do keep posted ....... more ideas floating depending on ur results

Old 07-16-2017, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 85_305
You can recommend me buying a ferrari all you want. Fact is I dont have the cash for something like that right now. Thats why I want to temporarily fix it until I do.

Thanks red rattler, but I'm trying to quell the smoking a bit. Thinking lucas or restore would help keep the smoke down?
do not use lucis I have a 94 6.5 diesel I rebuild them motors with my eye closed mine has 250 thousand on mine I had a tone of blow bye make sure ur injectors are not leaking that will cause blow bye if there good use 3 cans of restore after oil change it cut mine down to nothing any quictionz email me ccolby93@gmail.com let me know send number thanks

Old 07-23-2017, 06:40 PM
Default blowby additive

https://youtu.be/tmC2KKjfr_E

Old 07-23-2017, 06:47 PM
Default seal blowby

CerTech Gels Heavy Duty Truck Engine Repair Gels https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H3OEK1Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_gstDzbAYC21ET

Old 07-23-2017, 06:52 PM
Default no overhaul needed

Engines Blow-By Problems? Most Don’t Need a Rebuild
08 Oct 2015 Cost Effective Maintenance (CEM)

shiney truck

Cylinder 'blow-by' (excessive crankcase pressure) is a common and worrying problem encountered by most truckies at some stage in their career. Concern is certainly justified, as it typically means an expensive engine rebuild is necessary, and this is usually recommended by mechanics and dealers.

According to Brisbane-based Cost Effective Maintenance, wear is not the most common cause of blow-by. Piston ring deposits, sufficient to cause fouling in the ring groove, and / or cylinder glaze account for approximately 80% of blow-by issues.

Founder Brid Walker explained: "When you're faced with a possible rebuild, you need to ensure that your money is well spent. Our advice is always to get everything clean first. Then you know where you're at.

"There's a very simple, low-cost, DIY procedure almost anyone can do that will fix your blow-by, if the engine is fundamentally sound.

"Using a combination of our flushing oil concentrate and FTC decarbonizer, hard, baked-on carbon is dissolved, dispersed and removed from all lubricated parts, as well as combustion and exhaust spaces. Cylinder glaze is safely burnt off.

"Over a period of 30 years, we've noted that, conservatively, 80% of engines that have undergone this procedure, have recovered good compression control and eliminated their blow-by."

Cost Effective Maintenance cited four typical examples to show that many engine rebuilds are unnecessary.

Risley's Bulk Haulage has been using Cost Effective Maintenance products continually since 2008 when they first used the FTC decarbonizer and flushing oil concentrate to correct a Series 60 Detroit blow-by problem.

After catching up with Phil Riseley recently, staff were able to see his immaculate Freightliner. It's been seven years since his initial blow-by problem, and his Series 60 has now clicked over the 1.5 million kilometre mark.

Then there's the Maslin Bros Pty Ltd Kenworth T650 with a Cummins 444 used daily on a contract with an Mt Isa mine site. The truck lost power and started smoking so badly, that it was not allowed back on site.

The local Cummins dealer told Hugh Maslin that there was way too much blow-by, and it would need rebuilding at $32,000.

Instead, Hugh tried FTC decarbonizer and flushing oil concentrate. He was absolutely amazed at how much rubbish came out on the flush. After the treatments, the Kenworth went back to work, for the remaining 18 months of the contract, with no smoke and no oil-usage.

Two years later, and the Kenworth shows no signs of deterioration. Hugh had saved the business a $32,000 rebuild, didn't lose any downtime, and kept his client happy.

Truck fleet owner, Merv Sweetman had done 500,000km on this engine with no problems, when it suddenly started fuming badly, and started using oil at the rate of 6l to 7l in two days. After inspecting the engine, Detroit people concluded that it needed a rebuild at a cost of $14,000.

On advice from Cost Effective Maintenance, he started using FTC decarbonizer and flushing oil concentrate on a regular basis. Performance, oil control and blow-by control quickly returned to normal. At 900,000 km, the engine was still running sweater than ever, and no oil consumption. His Cat engines are also running better, and the oil in them stays very clean right to the change interval.

Another customer has been using the flushing oil concentrate for a fair while now, in older 12L Macks and Series 60 Detroit Diesels, with great success. These engines had developed a fair bit of blow-by and were using more oil.

They found that using the flushing oil concentrate reduced blow-by and oil use in the older engines. They've even had engines with 2 million kilometres respond well to the flushing oil concentrate.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Transfirmer
Engines Blow-By Problems? Most Don’t Need a Rebuild
08 Oct 2015 Cost Effective Maintenance (CEM)

shiney truck

Cylinder 'blow-by' (excessive crankcase pressure) is a common and worrying problem encountered by most truckies at some stage in their career. Concern is certainly justified, as it typically means an expensive engine rebuild is necessary, and this is usually recommended by mechanics and dealers.

According to Brisbane-based Cost Effective Maintenance, wear is not the most common cause of blow-by. Piston ring deposits, sufficient to cause fouling in the ring groove, and / or cylinder glaze account for approximately 80% of blow-by issues.

Founder Brid Walker explained: "When you're faced with a possible rebuild, you need to ensure that your money is well spent. Our advice is always to get everything clean first. Then you know where you're at.

"There's a very simple, low-cost, DIY procedure almost anyone can do that will fix your blow-by, if the engine is fundamentally sound.

"Using a combination of our flushing oil concentrate and FTC decarbonizer, hard, baked-on carbon is dissolved, dispersed and removed from all lubricated parts, as well as combustion and exhaust spaces. Cylinder glaze is safely burnt off.

"Over a period of 30 years, we've noted that, conservatively, 80% of engines that have undergone this procedure, have recovered good compression control and eliminated their blow-by."

Cost Effective Maintenance cited four typical examples to show that many engine rebuilds are unnecessary.

Risley's Bulk Haulage has been using Cost Effective Maintenance products continually since 2008 when they first used the FTC decarbonizer and flushing oil concentrate to correct a Series 60 Detroit blow-by problem.

After catching up with Phil Riseley recently, staff were able to see his immaculate Freightliner. It's been seven years since his initial blow-by problem, and his Series 60 has now clicked over the 1.5 million kilometre mark.

Then there's the Maslin Bros Pty Ltd Kenworth T650 with a Cummins 444 used daily on a contract with an Mt Isa mine site. The truck lost power and started smoking so badly, that it was not allowed back on site.

The local Cummins dealer told Hugh Maslin that there was way too much blow-by, and it would need rebuilding at $32,000.

Instead, Hugh tried FTC decarbonizer and flushing oil concentrate. He was absolutely amazed at how much rubbish came out on the flush. After the treatments, the Kenworth went back to work, for the remaining 18 months of the contract, with no smoke and no oil-usage.

Two years later, and the Kenworth shows no signs of deterioration. Hugh had saved the business a $32,000 rebuild, didn't lose any downtime, and kept his client happy.

Truck fleet owner, Merv Sweetman had done 500,000km on this engine with no problems, when it suddenly started fuming badly, and started using oil at the rate of 6l to 7l in two days. After inspecting the engine, Detroit people concluded that it needed a rebuild at a cost of $14,000.

On advice from Cost Effective Maintenance, he started using FTC decarbonizer and flushing oil concentrate on a regular basis. Performance, oil control and blow-by control quickly returned to normal. At 900,000 km, the engine was still running sweater than ever, and no oil consumption. His Cat engines are also running better, and the oil in them stays very clean right to the change interval.

Another customer has been using the flushing oil concentrate for a fair while now, in older 12L Macks and Series 60 Detroit Diesels, with great success. These engines had developed a fair bit of blow-by and were using more oil.

They found that using the flushing oil concentrate reduced blow-by and oil use in the older engines. They've even had engines with 2 million kilometres respond well to the flushing oil concentrate.
What is it called and where to get it?

Old 01-26-2020, 12:22 AM
Cp3
Diesel Fan

Avoid all the hassles and magic oil additives and just go ahead and put new rings on your pistons