6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

oil...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2012cummins
Welp another thing forgot was upon talking to two local dealers both of them "claim" that they never heard of nor know of anyway for fuel to get into the oil because of the dpf. Wish i had a local after market friendly dealer
Yeah that's BS.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I been trying to look for offical documents online stating the the dpf actually does allow fuel into the crankcase just to take to the dealer with me. They have no intersst in what ppl are "claiming"(their words) on messhage boards. I want to do thedeletes but dont want to regret it.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

I been trying to look for offical documents online stating the the dpf actually does allow fuel into the crankcase just to take to the dealer with me. They have no intersst in what ppl are "claiming"(their words) on messhage boards. I want to do thedeletes but dont want to regret it.
Well, being that your truck is very much new, I understand why. I bought my 08 last year, gave it a little time to see if it was going to act up on me, and then proceeded forth from there with the deletes

Old 03-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Diesel Fan

My buddy bought a 2011 a few months b4 i bought my 12 he got bout 8000 on his and we been bickerin back and forth tryin to talk the other into the deletes 1st. I want to make the cummins last as long as possible cuz both my 03s had over 400k when i got rid of them and my lbz duramax had 330k

Old 03-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 123 Likes on 108 Posts

you wont have any regrets mine has been deleted since under 10k my next one will be deleted the day i get home from the dealer with it

Old 03-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Diesel Fan

Yea i really feel the deletes coming as soon as i have prf the injectors are good. My dealer hunts for ways to deny warranty when they first drove mine (cuz the g56 tranny had 5th gear isse) they drove it said yea we need it in here. Scheduled an appointment a n d llined me up with a loaner vehicle. While they had it to work on the tranny they "discovered" the baffle missing in the air intake. Called me saying factory pieces were missing n said i would have to pay for tranny parts. I played dumb n acted like i had no clue what they were talking about. Needless to say it come home and now i have two baffles sitting on the shelf in my garage.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

not to totally steal your thread but i have a quik question if some one could jump in. i am a somewhat new 6.7 owner im more of a 12v and 24v guy. i have friends with 6.7's and there overhead always says if it was going through regin or how full the dpf was along with info on when a oil change is needed. now mine on the other hand has never had any of this pop up. this kinda stumps me, so if any one can chime in that would be great! thanks again

Old 03-06-2012, 05:57 AM
Diesel Fan

I dont have anything over head i. Got vehicle info on the screen by the speedo but it never says anything about regen. Nor does it have any option as far as oil lift eithr

Old 03-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2011 Dodge 2500 and after only 20K I had to take it in to get the DPF cleaned, then at 25K,36K,42K and 48K. After that last time they said it was completely full and stopped up and would have to be replaced @ $2,600. I said the Hell with that and just got the H&S XRT Pro and all the Delete's turbo back. Added a S&B cold air and cut the silencer ring out of the turbo and OMG! Completly new truck! Getting 18-20 MPG in town and 20-25MPG on Hwy, lots more power and I just hit 62K. So I say as long as you drive it right and to your PM you shouldn't have any problems out of doing the delete kit! O and I only have about $1,200 in doing the mods!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Yea i really feel the deletes coming as soon as i have prf the injectors are good. My dealer hunts for ways to deny warranty when they first drove mine (cuz the g56 tranny had 5th gear isse) they drove it said yea we need it in here. Scheduled an appointment a n d llined me up with a loaner vehicle. While they had it to work on the tranny they "discovered" the baffle missing in the air intake. Called me saying factory pieces were missing n said i would have to pay for tranny parts. I played dumb n acted like i had no clue what they were talking about. Needless to say it come home and now i have two baffles sitting on the shelf in my garage.
This is the exact reason I CANCELLED my Chrysler service contract. <<<Some people might think that was crazy, but nowadays NO. They look for absolutely everything. And you know what? That's the only way they're pulling themselves out of near bankruptcy; by saving a couple thousand dollars not honoring warranties with every truck coming in with problems. If I can't trust them to fix a problem, I'm damn sure not going to let them change my oil or do any regular maintenance on it. So I cut the cord. Haven't regretted it yet.

Quick Reply: oil...