6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

New 2010 Cummins..help finding some easy first B.O.M.B.S.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

H&S Performance has a huge spread on a '10 Dodge in either Diesel World or Diesel Power. Big blue truck with the RAM logos removed and custom H&S logos in their place.

Had some good info in there.

Kris

Old 09-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh ok so have you had any problems with the mods on the truck? I tow ALOT going to rodeos I pull either a 30 ft horse trailer or a 40 ft stock trailer with bucking bulls and horses and when I'm not doin that I drive to other towns for business resins so do you think it'll be ok to put the Black Maxx and an AFE intake and muffler delete pipe? Like warranty wise?

Old 09-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Site Sponsor - Alligator Performance
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingcrodeo
Oh ok so have you had any problems with the mods on the truck? I tow ALOT going to rodeos I pull either a 30 ft horse trailer or a 40 ft stock trailer with bucking bulls and horses and when I'm not doin that I drive to other towns for business resins so do you think it'll be ok to put the Black Maxx and an AFE intake and muffler delete pipe? Like warranty wise?
I did all of the modifications on our truck with only 1500 miles on the odometer. I was worried about the warranty as well, so I just kept all of the factory components and IF anything ever comes up with it I will put the factory crap back on and run it over to the dealership.

If they really want to look for it they would be able to go into the ECM and find the DATA trail to see we had a tuner on it. But appearance wise everything would look stock.

The truck tows night and day better than before.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 162 Likes on 143 Posts

Warranty wise you would want to take all that off when you take it in for warranty. But we have sold lots to people who tow and had good luck.. The afe intake shouldn't void the warranty but the tuner and dpf delete pipe will. But we have lots of people who take there H&S Tuners off and install the dpf back in and take the truck in for warranty

Old 09-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and if you do delete it, i would not worry about the warranty side of things because if you do have to go in for work, just revert everything back to stock (exhaust and programmer) and they will never know, the tiny footprint that these programmers leave behind are so minimal that the "best" GM/chrystler programmer, it would take him well over six months to find something.
Its exactly like trying to find a wrong match of numbers in the matrix

Old 09-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 102 Likes on 98 Posts

For anyone that works their truck - tows lots etc. you will seldom ever see any issues because you will not allow the soot to plug the DPF. Personally, I won't worry about it. Add more air in and a DPF exhaust back kit out back and it will run a bit smoother. All the real mods from years ago don't do much unless you are prepared to gut the onboard systems and blow smoke.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

ok so all i need to do is replace stock stuff when i have a problem and it should be fine? and also i dont know of a good diesel shop around here to help i live in Madill, Oklahoma and never really heard of any close. Any tips on how to find one???

Old 09-21-2010, 01:39 PM

I would agree with Mr. Earp!

The problems that people have with these 6.7's only arise when the trucks are not driven properly.

Long idle times will clog a DPF faster than anything.

Grandpa style driving will also clog them up.

The system Dodge implemented here works just fine, they could save a small fortune on warranty work if they did a quick "how to drive this thing" class with the sale of every truck.

The DPF relies on Heat and Pressure to keep it's self clean. If you baby it around town it is going to clog up every time.

I would not mess around with DPF back exhaust, we have dyno tested it and there is virtually no difference. EGT's stayed the same, sound was the same, and mileage and power stayed the same. It is just for looks and nothing else.

Also doing an after market cold air intake on an otherwise stock 6.7 can present another mess of problems. Some of them work fine and never have an issue. I have had a lot of trucks throw EGR related check engine codes though.

Once you increase air flow into the engine there are to many sensors throughout the EGR setup that are regulating intake air temps, air flow ect. ect. What happens is the sensors are calibrated to see X amount of air flow based on a stock air box and X temperatures.

By increasing flow and reducing temps the sensors freak out because they are reading outside of their parameters. You may just be better off leaving the truck stock. Or deleting the whole mess.

You wil gain mileage and you will increase performance while towing. That is the plus side of things. but you will also void your warranty.

Best of luck on your decision!

The following users liked this post:
Wyatt Earp (09-28-2010)
Old 09-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

So if im gonna do anything go all the way pretty much? intake EGR delete DPF delete and like an H & S tuner. What exactly does a EGR Cooler Delete do?

Old 09-21-2010, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by flyingcrodeo
So if im gonna do anything go all the way pretty much? intake EGR delete DPF delete and like an H & S tuner. What exactly does a EGR Cooler Delete do?
The EGR cooler delete will get rid of the EGR cooler completely. It will clean about 65 pounds of crap out from under your hood. It will increase throttle response and reduce soot build up in the intake and the turbo.

The EGR recirculates spent exhaust gasses through your intake. So think of it like shoving a vacuum cleaner hose in your tailpipe and then putting the other end in your mouth and trying to go for a jog. Then try going for the same jog breathing nice fresh clean air.

That is how the EGR works. It is just plain stupid and counter productive. It is hurting your engine by building up black soot through out your intake system including the most common side effect which is gummed up turbos because the variable veins can not move because they are covered in soot.

Here is a picture of under the hood of our 2010 6.7L you can see how clean it is under there now.

Attached Thumbnails New 2010 Cummins..help finding some easy first B.O.M.B.S.-2010-egr-delete2.jpg   New 2010 Cummins..help finding some easy first B.O.M.B.S.-2010-egr-delete.jpg  

Quick Reply: New 2010 Cummins..help finding some easy first B.O.M.B.S.