Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/)
-   -   New 2010 Cummins..help finding some easy first B.O.M.B.S. (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/53736-new-2010-cummins-help-finding-some-easy-first-b-o-m-b-s.html)

LarryQ 07-03-2010 04:33 PM

New 2010 Cummins..help finding some easy first B.O.M.B.S.

So, I understand that as of now, there hasn't been much time for 2010's to be bombed..but I'm sure some have!

I'm pretty conservative in my bombing....I never added a fueling box that gave more than the Van Aiken on my 98.5

Mostly that just corrected the ludicris timing that came from the factory, and added a little more fuel without blowing the VP44 up.

I eventually added a Jannety Raceing 4" exhaust, Boost Module / elbow, FAE intake....ect..ect...

I was mostly looking for better throttle response and a few more HP.

the formula worked..and worked very well until I traded it for a new 2010 only 2 days ago.

I am very dissapointed with all the emissions on this truck...but what are we supposed to do...everything is going that way.

Please point me in the right direction for some good reliable HP solutions.

Thanks!

Larry

dodgeram082500 07-03-2010 08:08 PM

first thing I would do is get rid of the emmissions system and to run code free without going into limp mode you are probably going to need to put a smarty or h&s programming product on it and a cold air intake some say its worse than factory s&b however filters the same as factory while flowing a bit more

flyingcrodeo 08-17-2010 01:33 PM

i have a new 2010 1ton laramie and i asked the dealer about cold air intake for it and he said he wouldnt do it cuz the problem they are having is they are letting in to much dirt and its sandblasting the turbo... this true??? and wanting a programmer, whats the best? but i dont want to loose my warranty and want to be able to hide the mods if that makes sense

Farmboy 2.0 08-17-2010 02:20 PM

I would look into the hs performance minimaxx and a dpf delete pipe. The minimaxx has a set of gauges built in and has adjustable on the fly settings and you can read and clear codes and do a slough of other things as well. It will also turn off the egr without removing any parts. But they do make an egr delete kit for them. And Flo pro makes the delete pipes and complete turbo back exhaust if you want to go that far. You will see a 3-4 mpg increase as well with these parts.

dodgeram082500 08-17-2010 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by flyingcrodeo (Post 606803)
i have a new 2010 1ton laramie and i asked the dealer about cold air intake for it and he said he wouldnt do it cuz the problem they are having is they are letting in to much dirt and its sandblasting the turbo... this true??? and wanting a programmer, whats the best? but i dont want to loose my warranty and want to be able to hide the mods if that makes sense

all depends on what intake you buy some I would say yes let too much through but s&b I believe filters to factory specs

diesel pap 08-17-2010 03:00 PM

i have been selling delete kits for 2010 cummins

flyingcrodeo 08-24-2010 01:25 PM

oh ok and would a smarty be a good thing to get? im just going to use the truck till the warranty goes out but i still want to mod it

Farmboy 2.0 08-24-2010 01:40 PM

Smartys dont work for well for the dpf delete and egr on 6.7l cummins. H and S is hands down is the best tuner for deleting all that

flyingcrodeo 09-16-2010 12:52 PM

i dont really want to delete just want to add power and most ill do to the exhaust is put a muffler delete pipe

Alligator Vinny 09-16-2010 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by flyingcrodeo (Post 621899)
i dont really want to delete just want to add power and most ill do to the exhaust is put a muffler delete pipe

We have been modifying the 2010's for a while here at Alligator Diesel Performance, I have installed programmers on trucks still equiped with the DPF, the problem you will run into is the tuners or programmers Bully dog, Edge, ect. ect. creat more soot. It will clog up the DPF more often that you are now, so the truck will be going into re-gen a lot more often resulting in worse mileage.

We bought a 2010 a while ago, excited to start modifying it. I installed the H&S Mini Maxx an AFE stage 2 cold air intake, an H&S EGR cooler delete, and a 5" turbo back exhaust. This truck is flat scary now. Tows like a champ and the mileage increase was much more than I ever expected.

Good luck on the truck though, they are awesome once you get them deleted.