6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

New 2010 Cummins..help finding some easy first B.O.M.B.S.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2010 Cummins..help finding some easy first B.O.M.B.S.

So, I understand that as of now, there hasn't been much time for 2010's to be bombed..but I'm sure some have!

I'm pretty conservative in my bombing....I never added a fueling box that gave more than the Van Aiken on my 98.5

Mostly that just corrected the ludicris timing that came from the factory, and added a little more fuel without blowing the VP44 up.

I eventually added a Jannety Raceing 4" exhaust, Boost Module / elbow, FAE intake....ect..ect...

I was mostly looking for better throttle response and a few more HP.

the formula worked..and worked very well until I traded it for a new 2010 only 2 days ago.

I am very dissapointed with all the emissions on this truck...but what are we supposed to do...everything is going that way.

Please point me in the right direction for some good reliable HP solutions.

Thanks!

Larry

Old 07-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

first thing I would do is get rid of the emmissions system and to run code free without going into limp mode you are probably going to need to put a smarty or h&s programming product on it and a cold air intake some say its worse than factory s&b however filters the same as factory while flowing a bit more

Old 08-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have a new 2010 1ton laramie and i asked the dealer about cold air intake for it and he said he wouldnt do it cuz the problem they are having is they are letting in to much dirt and its sandblasting the turbo... this true??? and wanting a programmer, whats the best? but i dont want to loose my warranty and want to be able to hide the mods if that makes sense

Old 08-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 162 Likes on 143 Posts

I would look into the hs performance minimaxx and a dpf delete pipe. The minimaxx has a set of gauges built in and has adjustable on the fly settings and you can read and clear codes and do a slough of other things as well. It will also turn off the egr without removing any parts. But they do make an egr delete kit for them. And Flo pro makes the delete pipes and complete turbo back exhaust if you want to go that far. You will see a 3-4 mpg increase as well with these parts.

Last edited by Farmboy 2.0; 08-17-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingcrodeo
i have a new 2010 1ton laramie and i asked the dealer about cold air intake for it and he said he wouldnt do it cuz the problem they are having is they are letting in to much dirt and its sandblasting the turbo... this true??? and wanting a programmer, whats the best? but i dont want to loose my warranty and want to be able to hide the mods if that makes sense
all depends on what intake you buy some I would say yes let too much through but s&b I believe filters to factory specs

Old 08-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Site Sponsor - Mighty Diesel
Received 213 Likes on 200 Posts

i have been selling delete kits for 2010 cummins

Old 08-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

oh ok and would a smarty be a good thing to get? im just going to use the truck till the warranty goes out but i still want to mod it

Old 08-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 162 Likes on 143 Posts

Smartys dont work for well for the dpf delete and egr on 6.7l cummins. H and S is hands down is the best tuner for deleting all that

Old 09-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

i dont really want to delete just want to add power and most ill do to the exhaust is put a muffler delete pipe

Old 09-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Site Sponsor - Alligator Performance
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingcrodeo
i dont really want to delete just want to add power and most ill do to the exhaust is put a muffler delete pipe
We have been modifying the 2010's for a while here at Alligator Diesel Performance, I have installed programmers on trucks still equiped with the DPF, the problem you will run into is the tuners or programmers Bully dog, Edge, ect. ect. creat more soot. It will clog up the DPF more often that you are now, so the truck will be going into re-gen a lot more often resulting in worse mileage.

We bought a 2010 a while ago, excited to start modifying it. I installed the H&S Mini Maxx an AFE stage 2 cold air intake, an H&S EGR cooler delete, and a 5" turbo back exhaust. This truck is flat scary now. Tows like a champ and the mileage increase was much more than I ever expected.

Good luck on the truck though, they are awesome once you get them deleted.

Quick Reply: New 2010 Cummins..help finding some easy first B.O.M.B.S.