6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Off Road Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 118 Likes on 95 Posts

The red dye leaves behind an undectable to the human eye color change on everything it touches. You need a special light, not sure about the blacklight or not, to see it. I know that if you are stopped they will dip real quick and see if it comes up red, if not and there is reason to suspect that you have been running red they will send it to their lab for analysis. I know that one cup of red will taint 500+ gallons of road diesel, they will still be able to see it, but it will look as though you have not used it in a long time. So if you have ever run red in your tank they could find it after hundreds of miles of running road fuel. Everyone that ran red after Hurricane Katrina when the government ok'd it needs to make sure that they have it documented and aviable in case they ever get into a dispute, the best way is to have one receipt. Just my .02

Old 05-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

I run red when I'm puttering around the farm or doing a logging job, its the only way I can make sure I stay in the black with fuel prices as ridiculous as it is. The LEO's around here know I do it, and as long as I have a recent fuel receipt for road fuel they just let me go. I haven't seen it dye anything in my system at all, and I've had to drop the tank a number of times.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only your fuel filter will hold the red color; your fuel system will not hold any color at all. So, change your fuel filter when you get a chance.
Off road will not hurt anything, even if you mix it 50/50.
No need to worry about it, it only cost you $45 for the fuel filter!
For 6.7L I get my fuel filter from Advanced Auto, if you are a veteran with ID card, most of them give you %10 off. I have seen only few Advance Auto stores that did not give the Military discounts.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

that farm diesel I've always been told has a higher sulfur content, ofcourse the last I heard anything about it was from my papaw back in the early 90s so Im sure alot has changed since then, but now isn't it supposed to be the same fuel and it's only cheaper cuz it doesnt have road taxes on it?

Old 08-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Banned
Received 3,297 Likes on 1,640 Posts

FYI they have been pulling over all diesels even cars and dipping them here in ohio , Zanesville and lancaster i know for sure

Old 08-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Around Wilmington in NC also they have been checking the contractor's trucks. A friend got stopped twice so far.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by MRowsh
Around Wilmington in NC also they have been checking the contractor's trucks. A friend got stopped twice so far.
Yep, Thet IRS checks jobsites here in Texas Frequently also.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

probally the past....atleast 10 or so tanks, ive run offroad diesel in my 05 6.0 powerstroke. havent seen any problems. but im soon going to be using WVO. if i can learn how do it and all ill be using it in the cummins too

Old 08-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 264 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel-N-Dust
Yep, Thet IRS checks jobsites here in Texas Frequently also.
all over Oklahoma and Texas, the IRS is pulling up to Drilling rig locations and checking every vehicle on location. They busted 9 trucks on my location about 3 weeks ago in Decatur, TX. 1st offense is $1000, 2nd offense is $2500, 3rd Offense is $2500 plus the number of miles from Offense #1 to current, times up to $10 a mile, depending on the officer that catches you. I was lucky enough to not get caught this time, and I run Fruit Punch quite often. Every drilling rig in the US pretty much runs red fuel 100% of the time, and the only thing we see is it stains the fuel filters. There was a rumor that Red dye can eat up your o-rings in the fuel system, but that is also a myth associated with Fruit Punch.. I wouldnt sweat it.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 147 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by MRowsh
hmm i ain`t been stop yet but i ain`t running no fruit punch

Quick Reply: Off Road Diesel