Tuning - Diesel Bombers

6.2L & 6.5L Performance Discussion of Chevy and GMC Trucks with 6.2L and 6.5L Diesel Engines Related to Performance and Longevity

Tuning

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 10-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Diesel Fan
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Tuning

There are many different places out there that offer a tuned ecm, what one adds the most power for the least amount?
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: South West Pa
Posts: 541
Thanked 47 Times in 44 Posts
Default

If you are truly looking for performance, money cannot be an issue. You get what you pay for, I have always stood by that philosophy
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Diesel Fan
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I know that but I mean one that's not goin rip you off, good shipping, Costomer service ect. What one is the overall best.
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: South West Pa
Posts: 541
Thanked 47 Times in 44 Posts
Default

I have never personally sent one out, so I do not have that kind of input.
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Diesel Fan
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I mean like what's the best place to buy from
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Newbie
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Fond du lac, WI
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ssdieselsupply.com
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-26-2014, 05:42 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 239
Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
Default

SSD is one of the WORST vendors to buy from for a tuned ECM what your 2000 needs go to KOJO tune from Leroy Diesel or Kennedy Diesel or Heath Diesel.

But BEFORE you start adding fuel via programming what else have you done to prepare the setup to handle the extra power and cooling your truck will need to be able to handle the extra power.

Cooling system 100% ?, larger exhaust ?, retuned fan clutch, 100% fuel from lift pump ? fresh injectors ? gauges (make no mods that add fuel/boost without adding gauges) ? remote FSD/PMD ?
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turbine Doc For This Useful Post:
Floyd400 (11-28-2014)
  #8  
Old 11-26-2014, 11:31 PM
Diesel Fan
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Turbine Doc View Post
SSD is one of the WORST vendors to buy from for a tuned ECM what your 2000 needs go to KOJO tune from Leroy Diesel or Kennedy Diesel or Heath Diesel.

But BEFORE you start adding fuel via programming what else have you done to prepare the setup to handle the extra power and cooling your truck will need to be able to handle the extra power.

Cooling system 100% ?, larger exhaust ?, retuned fan clutch, 100% fuel from lift pump ? fresh injectors ? gauges (make no mods that add fuel/boost without adding gauges) ? remote FSD/PMD ?
Right now I have a 3" strait pipe, egt and boost gauge and a #9 resistor but I am currently looking for ecm, injectors and a fuel pump for more power
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-28-2014, 09:29 PM
Floyd400's Avatar
Diesel Fan
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 47
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by turbodiesel123 View Post
Right now I have a 3" strait pipe, egt and boost gauge and a #9 resistor but I am currently looking for ecm, injectors and a fuel pump for more power
You can search around for the best options, here's a quick rundown off the top of my head: ECM: Heath, Kennedy, KOJO are your best options, you will have decide between them. Injectors: Stock (not marine) Bosch, Stanadyne, or Delphi set to 2300psi pop pressure. Lift pump: before you do anything here, do the LP relay mod. Leroy and Kennedy Diesel both sell a control harness, both are top notch quality or you can make your own, search it up. Leroy also sells the Walbro LP which gets good reviews, or you could plumb a Carter of some sort in like plenty of others have done. Ideally, you'll want at least 9psi at the IP inlet and try to maintain good pressure at WOT as well. Edit: Air Dog and FASS also make LP/filter kits but are very expensive.
 

Last edited by Floyd400; 11-28-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-13-2015, 08:23 AM
Diesel Fan
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Floyd400 View Post
You can search around for the best options, here's a quick rundown off the top of my head: ECM: Heath, Kennedy, KOJO are your best options, you will have decide between them. Injectors: Stock (not marine) Bosch, Stanadyne, or Delphi set to 2300psi pop pressure. Lift pump
: before you do anything here, do the LP relay mod. Leroy and Kennedy Diesel both sell a control harness, both are top notch quality or you can make your own, search it up. Leroy also sells the Walbro LP which gets good reviews, or you could plumb a Carter of some sort in like plenty of others have done. Ideally, you'll want at least 9psi at the IP inlet and try to maintain good pressure at WOT as well. Edit: Air Dog and FASS also make LP/filter kits but are very expensive.
What the lp relay mod do? I was researching it and I seen that the later trucks already had it done
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Grey Rhino
Chevy/GMC 6.2L and 6.5L
2
08-12-2015 07:47 AM
ska-doorider
5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07
0
04-19-2015 09:53 AM
duramaxtuner
Chevy/GMC Truck and Duramax Turbo Diesel Forum
1
12-10-2014 03:00 PM
Diesel Bombers
Latest Automotive Industry News
0
11-30-2014 03:10 PM
CumminsCrazed
5.9L 24V Performance
5
10-27-2014 10:02 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tuning


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.