5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Need some quick steering help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATTN Need some quick steering help!!!

I know this subject always comes up and that there are plenty of threads on this topic, but I need a little advice on what to do to my front end now tht I have some extra cash. Here are some details of what has been going on. My truck has 33,xxx miles on it and has always had play in the wheel since I bought it. I had to replace the PS pump last month and it has ALREADY gone out again. I was told that there is metal in the PS reservoir when I took it in. So I had a 16Q flush done on the PS,SB, & HB system. Still after all of that the PS pump is going out again. I was told that I probably need a new Steering Box because the gears inside are prob worn and pushing the metal threw the system. I am not so sure that this is my only problem though... Whenever I hit the brakes I can feel the bumps from the road in the pedal & in my steering wheel(all the time). The amount of play n the wheel is crazy as well. It almost feels like there is a knock in the wheel as well. And after I shut down my truck there is only pressure in the brakes for 30 secs or so, then they hit the floor. Im worried because if I accidently stalled, I might not have brakes... Could this be a hydroboost issue? How would I know if it is my booster going out? Here are my questions... Where to start!? Should I start with the Steering Box and have the PS pump replaced at the same time? Should I add the BD brace? Should I do the 09 front end conversion or just a stabilizer? And, What would be the best way to correct the steering play if I havent addressed it? Sorry for all of the questions but this truck has been driving me freaking crazy and I am so sick & tired of dealing with it! Thanks for any help!!!