24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

soundproofing

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 12:20 PM
RAW
Administrator

Received 684 Likes on 549 Posts

Holy smokes!! That stuff sure isn't cheap!

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Now, does a guy want the Damplifier Pro™, or Luxury Liner Pro™?? Looking for sound reduction, of course.

Last edited by RAW; 09-05-2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sure works good though. I ordered 50 sq ft. and it was lots to do the interior. I didn't pull the front seats but I did pull the back and put it up to the top of the back seat. I just check my Visa bill to find the price for the 50 sq ft but it seems it hasn't come through yet. If you use it make sure you get up over the Selector hump with a double layer.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Damplifier Pro for treating the structure borne noises (metal vibration) and Luxury Liner Pro to actually block the noise.

Sounddeadenershowdown > SecondSkin, IMO. Rudy, the owner of SDS, has always been helpful

Old 09-05-2010, 12:50 PM
RAW
Administrator

Received 684 Likes on 549 Posts

Sounddeadener has been had to get a hold of. Emails are rejected, and when phoning I get a "not available in your area" message. I like the price of their 100sq ft roll.

Figure a lot of noise is generated in the transmission area of the truck? Is that why you say double it up there?

Old 09-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You bet. The transmission transfer case hump transfers a lot of noise. I doubled up the Damplifier Pro in that area. That would also be a good place to put in a layer of Luxury Pro so you could just make a slit for the transfer case selector to move. I'm thinking about using the luxury pro later. My truck has some pretty thick mat in it already. I would only use it from the firewall down to the front seats. The firewall on the engine side is what I would like to find something for. There is so much stuff on the firewall that it would have to be some sort of spray on material. I wonder if you used a spray on undercoating in multiple layers.