24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Troubling DTC

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Received 843 Likes on 695 Posts

Sometime I have seen the P1691 code pop up with any type of performance programmer or box being on the truck when you use a code scanner. Try removing the box and then scanning and clearing the codes and then reinstall the box and see if the code comes back.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

well we found what the problem was for the transmission. I replaced governor pressure sensor and transducer, still nothing, still was in limp mode. we have a DTT smart controller hooked up to control the trans a little bit, here one of the wires must of had a little corrosion, i moved the wires around while watching my scanner and i could watch the governor pressure jumping from 103psi to 0 by just moving wires, without the truck running. now i cant get it to go back to 103 or higher to see which wire it is., it stays at 0.

As for surging and the P1691 code. Took adrenaline off and no more surging, and the code hasnt came back. so were not sure what were gonna do yet. All i know is we need some kinda boost fooler, other wise that SPS66 is gonna throw some codes at 55psi.

Thanks for all the help guys,
Cody

Old 08-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Go RAVENS!!!!!!!!!
Received 229 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Cumminsdieselboy
well we found what the problem was for the transmission. I replaced governor pressure sensor and transducer, still nothing, still was in limp mode. we have a DTT smart controller hooked up to control the trans a little bit, here one of the wires must of had a little corrosion, i moved the wires around while watching my scanner and i could watch the governor pressure jumping from 103psi to 0 by just moving wires, without the truck running. now i cant get it to go back to 103 or higher to see which wire it is., it stays at 0.

As for surging and the P1691 code. Took adrenaline off and no more surging, and the code hasnt came back. so were not sure what were gonna do yet. All i know is we need some kinda boost fooler, other wise that SPS66 is gonna throw some codes at 55psi.

Thanks for all the help guys,
Cody
Well then you should just get a Drag Comp and stack it with the Smarty. Great stack. I'm thinking of selling my AD and going back to that stack. But all the cool features of the AD/Pulse are stopping me. But the new program 1000b almost cured my surging problems.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Call Jacob at quad and he can fix the adrenaline for you.

John

Old 08-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jbarker
Call Jacob at quad and he can fix the adrenaline for you.

John
or download a diffrent tune.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Queeg
or download a diffrent tune.
I have tried at least 10 different ones, including the 6 quad already sent me.

maybe we will take the drag comp off my moms truck and put the adr on it , we can try all the different tunes on it see if it just dont like the HRVP.

The main reason we switched to the ADR was to get more fuel to the injectors, we made 606hp with F1 Mach IV's(150Hp) and a HRVP44, when we switched to the Mach VI++(235HP) we never made any more horsepower, and i know the turbo is still efficient becuase when spooled, making 55psi, it clears up, no smoke. And that was with just a Drag comp. EGT's are still very low 1150-1200* WOT. Geuss the only way is to stackem.

Would a Smarty do anything in conjunction with the adrenaline. Help with surge Etc.?

Thanks again guys,
Cody