24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Where to get steering upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get steering upgrade

Hey guys just signed up and was searching to find good setup for my steering. Found that the 09-10 setup should work on my truck but the thread I found was $262 for the setup. I was curious as to where I could get a steal like that since the local dealership quoted me over $600!! And advice on where to go? Thanks!!

Old 03-23-2017, 08:48 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I put the 09+ steering on my truck. Works great other than on mine the stud that attaches to the pitman arm was too long. When I first put it on if I hit bumps big enough to bottom out the suspension the stud would hit the tie rod bar. I cut it back almost flush with the nut and haven't had any more problems. I got mine off ebay from a dodge dealership in north carolina I think been too long ago.

Old 03-31-2017, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryce
I put the 09+ steering on my truck. Works great other than on mine the stud that attaches to the pitman arm was too long. When I first put it on if I hit bumps big enough to bottom out the suspension the stud would hit the tie rod bar. I cut it back almost flush with the nut and haven't had any more problems. I got mine off ebay from a dodge dealership in north carolina I think been too long ago.
how much did you end up paying? I just can't bring myself to put over $600 into that setup knowing I have a commercial account through Autozone

Old 03-31-2017, 09:54 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Don't remember for sure it was 3 or 4 years ago but I'm pretty sure it was around 250.