24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Stumped by ABS / brake light

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stumped by ABS / brake light

Hey guys new here long time lurker.
2001 ram 2500 4x4 auto edge EZ everything else stock.
Last fall I replaced the front left hub. Yesterday the brake light and abs light come on.
I had replaced the abs sensor passenger side earlier in the year so figured I should get the shop to read codes. This is what I got.
engine - P1693 (companion module)
Trans - P0600 (speed signal) P1682 (voltage)
ABS - 25 (left front open ). 27 (left front intermittent) 74 (control mode timeout)

I had the shop dump all codes and none have come back since

Thinking all things pointing to front left sensor went home and had a look. The sensor wires rubbed right through on the dust shield as I plumbed it incorrectly first time.

I changed the front left sensor with a new one and the ABS light and brake light still on

Cruise control works speedo works all gauges functioning properly after doing the check with the trip odometer button. No brake pulsing when stopping.

HELP!

Old 03-31-2017, 10:04 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Do you have rear drum brakes? I had the abs/brake light for a while until I adjusted the the rear drums and the parking brake. The light turned off and hasn't come back on. I don't have front abs sensors though.

Old 03-31-2017, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it's rear drum brakes. Working fine and e brake aswell.
I should add. I find it odd that the lights came on the first time I started my truck after greasing the front end.