24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Automatic door locks spazzing out

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic door locks spazzing out

Alright, my first ever post on here. First off I have a '02 cummins 2500.

My problem is when the ignition switch is on the doors are locking on their own. Not rhythmically the relay just goes off. It also seems to happen when I roll the window down as well.

It is not the remote i pulled the plug on tuat to test it first. I checked the fuse as well.

I have not yet had the dash board apart in this thing so if someobe could link me to a video or diagram or tutorial id appreciate it.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:41 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by samiam2714
Alright, my first ever post on here. First off I have a '02 cummins 2500.

My problem is when the ignition switch is on the doors are locking on their own. Not rhythmically the relay just goes off. It also seems to happen when I roll the window down as well.

It is not the remote i pulled the plug on tuat to test it first. I checked the fuse as well.

I have not yet had the dash board apart in this thing so if someobe could link me to a video or diagram or tutorial id appreciate it.
I just compleated the repair of my window/door locks on my 1998.24v. what I discovered is that all power for windows and locks goes through the driver's side master control switch. The windows are on a separate fuse but the master switch is the key. The dealer wants 60$ but RockAuto about 25=-$.as I disassembled the drivers door I could see that the track was severely worn so I replaced everything.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:30 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice to know..!!