1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

How to blow coal with stock motor?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

So what you are saying is the extra fuel is good to cool my cylinders sweet!!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,052 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetv8s10
Wasted fuel yes lost power no if that was the case u wouldn't get more power when u turn them up because they smoke! Besides have u ever went to a truck and tractor pull and not seen any smoke?
Very few if any of those guys are running off the show room floor factory stock trucks either. That's the point build the truck for power not smoke. Smoke will come, its a by product of performance.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:25 AM
BOMBARDIER

Received 918 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetv8s10
So what you are saying is the extra fuel is good to cool my cylinders sweet!!

1. I kinda doubt you need it...

2. I really doubt you can put enough in to cool them.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t-bone117yamaha
i have stock injectors strait piped rebuilt air intake and minor pump tweaks and i get haze when i get on it but if i really put my foot to the floor it will smoke out the race car behind me. expecially if they run those blue or white head lights or the guy you pass thats doing 35 on the free way but honestly just put a noise maker in like a train horn thats much more fun then a little smoke and makes it much harder for cops to catch you

I'm a cop and i gotta say if anything the smoke makes it easier to spot. Hahaha but ive never pulled a diesel over for smoking, kinda like yelling at a preacher for spreading the gospel. Besides I'm a firm believer in using the smoke as a defensive strategy for those little rice burners that disappear in my rearview cause they're tailgating me so bad. let a cloud loose and they'll back up!

Old 09-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha where are you a cop at im moving there cus i have been pulled over for my haze at night because some ricer had those blue lights and he couldent see through my smoke and the cop saw that and pulled me over. although it was also the same cop that came flying into a parking lot after me because i have a small chip lke smaller then the end of your pinky finger in my winshield. he said it obscures my vision. how many cars a day do you see that have crap hanging from the rear view mirror? or even pillar pods or pods mounted ontop of the dash all that stuff interferes with your vision and ive never seen anyone pulled over for that. and that was my point to him. he let me go after that with a warning. and boy was he pissed. i thought for shure i was gunna get a ticket. f*** the po-po not the good cops that actually serve and protect but the ones who think their badge is a crown that they can break the laws just cus they have a badge. there arent many cops like that but the few that are, are real a** holes but back to the train horn i have never been stopped for it if i use it the right way but we did get into trouble for honking it a a group of cute girls walking down the street cop said "i see that they are cute but if your gunna use that horn use it the right way.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by t-bone117yamaha
haha where are you a cop at im moving there cus i have been pulled over for my haze at night because some ricer had those blue lights and he couldent see through my smoke and the cop saw that and pulled me over. although it was also the same cop that came flying into a parking lot after me because i have a small chip lke smaller then the end of your pinky finger in my winshield. he said it obscures my vision. how many cars a day do you see that have crap hanging from the rear view mirror? or even pillar pods or pods mounted ontop of the dash all that stuff interferes with your vision and ive never seen anyone pulled over for that. and that was my point to him. he let me go after that with a warning. and boy was he pissed. i thought for shure i was gunna get a ticket. f*** the po-po not the good cops that actually serve and protect but the ones who think their badge is a crown that they can break the laws just cus they have a badge. there arent many cops like that but the few that are, are real a** holes but back to the train horn i have never been stopped for it if i use it the right way but we did get into trouble for honking it a a group of cute girls walking down the street cop said "i see that they are cute but if your gunna use that horn use it the right way.
Todays paragraph brough to you by the letter "T"

The following users liked this post:
big bad diesel 416 (09-16-2011)
Old 09-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha sorry sincerly,
Tanner

Old 09-15-2011, 07:08 PM
RAW
Administrator

Received 684 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by wt_offroad
EH..... Cheap and easy way.... you can even get it at wall mart. Go back to the women"s section. Ask the clerk for a pair of extra large Granny panties. now go out to your truck and open the hood. put the panties on your head. take the bag they gave you and wrap it around the air filter jump in it and go. You will look just as dumb as the cloud coming out of the pipe.....

Old 09-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Site Sponsor
Received 636 Likes on 254 Posts

bahahahha ryan u where there in chat that night right?

or was that someone else idk

Old 09-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rusty89Cummins
do the basic free mods and that will keep you happy. just be smart about where you get on it. im sure most of us has gone through a stage in our diesel world where all we wanted to do was blow a little smoke on our friends cars or something.
how do u turn thepump up i have a 93 12 valve i just changed turbo and injectors and its spitting and sputtering and like has no power at all like i have to floor it just to stay at 70 what could be the problem

Quick Reply: How to blow coal with stock motor?