1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

throttle position sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 01:49 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

Let's see, that's stock headlight switch and fan control switch.

Two SPDT toggles on the Headlight Control panel (along with an "INVERTER ON" button that I wasn't smart enough to reverse-engineer into a toggle), eight SPST toggles on the top row of the "info" panel replacement, three general-purpose DPDT toggles on the second row of that panel, below the blend door slider are two SPDT toggles and a pushbutton controlling HVAC solenoids, the panel below the steering column has four SPST toggles, and out of the frame on the shifter is a SPST toggle for overdrive.

So that comes out to an even 20 toggles (and two pushbuttons).

The blinker switch is stock, that's just my custom copper NPT blinker lever. That shizz gunna be sweeeet when I get it all wrapped in some sorta wrappin'. I decided that something had to change after I broke the fourth or fifth stock blinker lever.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

It's a B&M Light-Truck Megashifter, straight off the shelf at Kragen. (The red military-covered switch is for overdrive.)

Name:  Shifter1-1.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  54.4 KB

They supposedly have issues with cable bindings and collapsing forward. I haven't had a lick of trouble with the shifting cable, and I sure hope it never collapses forward because that'd be really bad and expensive.

Not many people know how to drive it without a quick lesson, but everything on my truck requires at least a quick lesson. "Dad, start the engine by flipping up the switch on the far right under the map light, then flip the switch back off within ten seconds of the engine starting. Yes, to crank the engine you have to turn the key with one hand and pull up on the top push-rod on the left-hand side of the steering column. Okay, now you have vacuum, to turn on the defoggers all you have to do is flip the Auxiliary Inverter switch on the bottom left of the panel below the steering column. That is connected to the 120-24 volt transformer. Now you have power to the HVAC solenoids. You have to vent vacuum in the actuators by pushing the button underneath the blend door slider. No, keep that button pressed. While keeping it pressed, flip the two horizontally-mounted toggles to the right. The left one controls vacuum to the heater core valve and the recirculation door, the left one closes the head vents and opens the defog and floor vents. Alright, after both those toggles are to the right and you close the vacuum venting solenoid you should have defoggers. The fan's not working good? Okay, no problem. Flip the second switch from the left under the map light to the "down" position to turn on the alternator. That should let the fan work better."

Last edited by Begle1; 03-16-2010 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-16-2010, 01:55 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ya gotta be careful with these things. They are gonna be a classic here soon!

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Anyways.....ummmm.... sorry for hijacking your thread here, guess the smart-a**es come out at night while the normal people sleep.

Last edited by pewder; 03-16-2010 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost