1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Looking For Some Better Spool Up, M&H M2 Fuel Pin?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If your wanting to sell that denny t lmk

Old 11-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you don't mind me asking rswords, why do you want to get rid of that fuel, i can see to reduce smoke, but that also will reduce boost to won't it or am i mis understanding.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts

as i said before too much fuel can be a problem and as rswords had explained with better termonology it can actually hinder the flame that is produced by the combustion. which means it leads to more inefficiency than it does power; until of course you see the higher boost levels... he wants to keep the top end fuel that the denny T provides but he'd like to reduce low end fuel as it is hurting his spool up, if you get the right ammount of fuel for air that is present at low end then you'll produce more gasses thru complete combustion than you would from excessive fuel and an incomplete burn. more gasses will porduce higher drive pressures, greater force to drive the turbo sooner and so on. i doubt he has to worry about boost anyways for what he's running a single silver 62 is one hell of a charger

Old 11-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

yea, a new one is like 1800 bucks and i've heard they're amazing.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

all of the fuel pins ahve the same full fueling, in the picture the M2 is turned a little different so it looks thicker.

M&H Inc.

The following users liked this post:
RSWORDS (11-11-2009)
Old 11-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Alwaysworking
all of the fuel pins ahve the same full fueling, in the picture the M2 is turned a little different so it looks thicker.

M&H Inc.
Glad you answered that. In my opinion with big sticks ( 6x16's or 6x18's ) the m2 is the way to go. Less fuel on bottom and massive fuel on top.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

wow that would be a perfect setup.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

It does take some tuning to get it right. When I installed mine I had the starwheel way up. It made it a dog on the low side then when the pin droped down with boost it made like 7 psi more then a stock pin turned to deepest. I put the starwheel down some to get a little more fuel early. Basically it allows you to make more of a difference with starwheel and smoke screw settings. With a stock cone the starwheel and smoke screw are mild adjustments. With the extra depth as well as a shallower end it just adds to the tunibility.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

tunibility
tune-a-billy!

Old 11-11-2009, 09:11 PM
BOMBARDIER

Received 918 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by tower_ofpower
boost fooler sounds like a good alternative or maybe a really small orfice to restrict air flow and delay boost to the diaphragm... the boost fooler is going to do the same thing as the valet... maybe not as instantaneous. but what about the bleed off when the pin is supposed to return to "low fuel" i know the boost elbow or fooler has a small weep hole but if you rock out of the throttle; lose boost and rock back in the pin may still be held in a deeper fuel setting causing more lag and excessive black smoke... but with any kinda of performance; gotta lose some to gain some
With aboost fooler/elbow I'll be able to tune how fast the pin comes in. I have all teh parts to make some crazy numbers... Just need to get them all working together.

Originally Posted by DieselPerformanceGuy
if you don't mind me asking rswords, why do you want to get rid of that fuel, i can see to reduce smoke, but that also will reduce boost to won't it or am i mis understanding.
See beloe

Originally Posted by tower_ofpower
as i said before too much fuel can be a problem and as rswords had explained with better termonology it can actually hinder the flame that is produced by the combustion. which means it leads to more inefficiency than it does power; until of course you see the higher boost levels... he wants to keep the top end fuel that the denny T provides but he'd like to reduce low end fuel as it is hurting his spool up, if you get the right ammount of fuel for air that is present at low end then you'll produce more gasses thru complete combustion than you would from excessive fuel and an incomplete burn. more gasses will porduce higher drive pressures, greater force to drive the turbo sooner and so on. i doubt he has to worry about boost anyways for what he's running a single silver 62 is one hell of a charger
Exactly

Originally Posted by Alwaysworking

Perfect! I will be getting one at some point this winter!

M&H Inc.
Originally Posted by Richie O
Glad you answered that. In my opinion with big sticks ( 6x16's or 6x18's ) the m2 is the way to go. Less fuel on bottom and massive fuel on top.
I belong to teh same school of thought Richie my friend!

Originally Posted by Richie O
It does take some tuning to get it right. When I installed mine I had the starwheel way up. It made it a dog on the low side then when the pin droped down with boost it made like 7 psi more then a stock pin turned to deepest. I put the starwheel down some to get a little more fuel early. Basically it allows you to make more of a difference with starwheel and smoke screw settings. With a stock cone the starwheel and smoke screw are mild adjustments. With the extra depth as well as a shallower end it just adds to the tunibility.

Quick Reply: Looking For Some Better Spool Up, M&H M2 Fuel Pin?