1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Looking For Some Better Spool Up, M&H M2 Fuel Pin?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 01:44 PM
BOMBARDIER

Received 918 Likes on 537 Posts
Default Looking For Some Better Spool Up, M&H M2 Fuel Pin?

My truck fuel hard down low, REAL hard... TOO hard. Thinking about ditching the DennyT Stage II and going with a M&H M2 to try and hold off some of the fueling... Problem is the M@ does not look to have as deep a cut as the rest...

Name:  MH01.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  57.1 KB

Thoughts?

Old 11-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts

M3 buddy i was considering the 4 durring the free give away but i think the 3 is where its' really at. could talk to ALWAYSWORKING and see if the deepest cut is the same as the M4 or M5; if not see if they can do a solid and cut one to the same depth just with the M3 ramp

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

to tell ya the truth the ammount of travel that it actually takes for response from the pump is minimal; IMO running the M3 with the smoke screw backed way off and spring turned down this'll keep ya at low fuel like the M2 but give you plenty or response to boost; which hopefully will keep you from gettin hung out to dry on the low end from lack of fuel. which can be easily countered thru a 1/2 to full turn of the smoke screw

Last edited by tower_ofpower; 11-08-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-08-2009, 02:30 PM
BOMBARDIER

I like the cut of the M2, want to keep as much fuel as possible out of teh pump till teh last second.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Diesel Bomber

to my understanding bobby; you have to add fuel to create more gasses to drive the turbo; if you're adding too much fuel then yes i can understand it defeating the purpose but at the saem time too little for the ammount of air that you have is also going to hinder peformance. the M3 is just my preference as it looks agressive with out turning everything into a smoke show. my thought process tells me by the time you get enough boost to effect the pin to the MAX it may have slowed spool and you down... kinda like kickin yourself in the nads; its a neat trick if you can do it but finding out you can do it isnt exactly the best thing

ever thought of a valet switch?

Last edited by tower_ofpower; 11-08-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can i get a m5 pin

Old 11-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Diesel Bomber

go to the home page; and the request a price forum... in the subject say what you're looking for and a sponsor will drop in; more than likely tell ya they sent you a PM and they'll contact you thru the e-mail on the site

Old 11-08-2009, 02:52 PM
BOMBARDIER

Originally Posted by tower_ofpower
to my understanding bobby; you have to add fuel to create more gasses to drive the turbo; if you're adding too much fuel then yes i can understand it defeating the purpose but at the saem time too little for the ammount of air that you have is also going to hinder peformance. the M3 is just my preference as it looks agressive with out turning everything into a smoke show. my thought process tells me by the time you get enough boost to effect the pin to the MAX it may have slowed spool and you down... kinda like kickin yourself in the nads; its a neat trick if you can do it but finding out you can do it isnt exactly the best thing

ever thought of a valet switch?
I am way over fueling on the bottom end, Puts the fire out... I need to remove a crap ton of fuel on teh bottom. I can spool teh turbo fine with teh boost line to teh AFC blocked, but it hurts on teh tp end doing that...

Old 11-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Diesel Bomber

well; kinda figured that'd be the purpose of the valet switch man... hold the fuel off dump the switch and burry the pin talk with M&H see if they can cut that M2 deeper for ya so you dont lose the fuel on top

Old 11-08-2009, 03:13 PM
BOMBARDIER

I think that would be pretty violent on the pin... All that pressure at once.... I'm gonna run a boost fooler on the boost line to the AFC also...

Old 11-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Diesel Bomber

boost fooler sounds like a good alternative or maybe a really small orfice to restrict air flow and delay boost to the diaphragm... the boost fooler is going to do the same thing as the valet... maybe not as instantaneous. but what about the bleed off when the pin is supposed to return to "low fuel" i know the boost elbow or fooler has a small weep hole but if you rock out of the throttle; lose boost and rock back in the pin may still be held in a deeper fuel setting causing more lag and excessive black smoke... but with any kinda of performance; gotta lose some to gain some

Quick Reply: Looking For Some Better Spool Up, M&H M2 Fuel Pin?