12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

98 cummings with the California emmisions. need help removing the EGR

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 12:11 PM
FormerVendor
Received 107 Likes on 99 Posts

No sir not any good ones. Got a bunch of scrap ones.

I can get you a reman from cummins or a new aftermarket non cummins one from clearwater for less then $600 to your door.

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx cummin un glued, let me ponder it for a bit. BTW which option do you feel is better, Cummins remanned or new aftermarket? I was looking at this head (link below) with 60lb valve springs, ported - polished and o-ringed. Do you have any thoughts?

Cummins 6B 5.9L 12 Valve Diesel Loaded Cylinder Head Dodge Ram

Old 09-12-2012, 10:31 PM
FormerVendor

that head is very similar to the new one i was talking about but we use heads from clearwater not alabama and they have a 24 month warranty instead of a 12 month like that one does. we have used both the cummins reman and the new aftermarket and had good luck with both. i would not pay that much for what porting can be done without cutting the intake off. ported heads actually can hurt low end power because of the lower velocity in the lower boost range. the orings are not a bad idea but as long as you keep your drive pressure in check with what ever turbo setup your running then they are not a must because the stock gasket holds decent with studs. i would do springs tho.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 76 Likes on 73 Posts

Egr intake horn looks cooler....

Springs are a must, GSKs are too

Plate and afc tuning will get you far from stock...

Then you wil start having fuel starvation problems... a AirDog/FASS/Raptor will solve that...

then you get injectors.... And then a turbo....

It all depends on how far you take it...

Be prepared to shop for a clutch or transmission kit, this is something you should actually do in advance...

Last edited by angelic0-; 09-12-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 434 Likes on 356 Posts
Old 09-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Diesel Fan
Default Cylinder head advise

Originally Posted by cummin_un_glued
that head is very similar to the new one i was talking about but we use heads from clearwater not alabama and they have a 24 month warranty instead of a 12 month like that one does. we have used both the cummins reman and the new aftermarket and had good luck with both. i would not pay that much for what porting can be done without cutting the intake off. ported heads actually can hurt low end power because of the lower velocity in the lower boost range. the orings are not a bad idea but as long as you keep your drive pressure in check with what ever turbo setup your running then they are not a must because the stock gasket holds decent with studs. i would do springs tho.
Thanks so much for the cylinder head advise! I will definitely come see you when I am ready to make that purchase. Do you have a website or some other contact info you could give me so I don't loose track of you?

Old 09-13-2012, 02:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mtbcummins
Thanks so much for the cylinder head advise! I will definitely come see you when I am ready to make that purchase. Do you have a website or some other contact info you could give me so I don't loose track of you?
The number in my sig is my cell just text me and store the number as torque diesel

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Diesel Fan

the check engine light covers the over temp. not charging problem. low idle issue and I don't know what else. and I don't want to remove the CEL. I talked to a dealer about flashing the drive and they said they needed the vin # to do it so it sounds like I would have to know someone to get the ECM flashed. I'm going to find out what needs to be done and I will post it.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:17 AM
Diesel Fan

Thanks it looks as if we are in the same boat please keep us posted and I will do the same.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Diesel Fan

I talked with a guy from Wild Diesel, He told me their is a wire that plug intothe bottom of the air intake elbow and you jumt it out with a 10 ohm wire. I looked but I can't see any wires going to the intake elbow. tomorrow I am going to take my truck over and let him show me the wire he was talking about

Quick Reply: 98 cummings with the California emmisions. need help removing the EGR