Diesel In Distress - Support Ticket Need Help ? Broke Down Or in Urgent Need Of Assistance Post Here , Thread Will Be Priority and You have the ability to close your own thread when its fixed . If You Do Not Reply in 10 Days your thread will be closed as we will assume its fixed , You can Reopen YOUR Discussion Topic if you wish .

possible electrical, possible vp44

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default possible electrical, possible vp44

last night we re did my air dog cause it had a leak out of the tank. when we were finished and all installed, i had great pressure to the pump from it, bled everything out, and started it up. truck ran great to the car wash. i washed off the motor to get all the fuel off of it, and then when i left i kept getting dead pedal, but not bad. then i drove to my brothers house, and left fifteen minutes later and the truck ran great until i hit heavier rain, then i started getting dead pedal more, and as the rain got worse, and snow started to mix in it got worse. then getting out of as bad of rain it got slowly better until i had to go through a puddle at an underpass and it ran like crap after that, but was getting a little better right before i got home. dead pedal was happening right as i started to build boost, and at about 1750 rpm every time. what is wrong with it?! I pulled codes and it gave me a injector/injection timing circuit module and one other time it gave me a code saying primary fuel circuit somethin. saw this code earlier and a mechanic friend said it was the plug where the stock lift pump plugs in and the airdog does now, but i listened real carefull and heard the airdog running the whole time. what should i try guys?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

ok so i am pretty sure it aint the vp 44 fired it right up this mornin ran it up the road n back even roddin on it and it ran great. thinkin between all of the fuel bein sprayed and all the water, some electrical connection was messed up... any ideas of what i should look into so i don't have this problem again?

Last edited by kegs99; 03-27-2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-27-2011, 05:34 PM
FormerVendor
Received 107 Likes on 99 Posts

i'm thinkin the APPS i could see how ya coulda got water in it washin it off like that

Old 03-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where is the apps? and can i just pull the plug and clean it, or do i need to replace it? i drove it more today and it ran a lot better just slight dead pedal, but i had a small leak out of my filter so i tightened it up when i got home and could get ahold of it. thinkin the slight dead pedal i felt was possible small air bubble from it. i do wanna clean the apps if i can or do whatever i need to do to it so i don't have this problem anymore.