6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

DPF/EGR delete 6.7

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default DPF/EGR delete 6.7

let me ask the ultimate newbie question, I have read until bleary eyed the advantages of performing the dpf/egr delete with one of the primo tuners and the need for plates and removal of items to accomplish this marvel of the "Diesel age". I understand how the power increase will be substantial. I live close to Seattle, plan on getting back to my roots and move to Colorado rural community at higher elevation VERY SOON!!!!! Many loads to tow back and forth in the mean time. How is the DPR/EGR delete process first of all going to effect my need currently to meet the stupid EPA inspections currently required on left coast vehicles. What will be the effects of higher altitude driving. And would this process require loosing the CAT converter on the 6.7 or is it required that it remain on the vehicle. I won't even go into what the dealeship will say if I do this. I have a guy at work that is selling all his adapters, box, plates, intake, intercooler, etc from a Ram 2500 same year as mine at substantial cost savings.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:57 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

if your state requires inspections you won't pass, unless you have a "friend". If you have one of these "friends" keep in mind you're really asking him to stick his neck WAY out.

altitude will be a minimal difference.

you can leave the cat on or take it off cat back system, cat back with muffler, turbo back with muffler, turbo back no muffler. all depends on what ya want.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default muchimas gracias

figured as much, I see a lot of smokers in the area. wouldn't ask a friend to do anything like that jobs too hard to come by in current financial takeover by the administration. Cap n Trade goes thru the diesels are gonna take a big hit. Thanks again Barkrulz.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also, the factory downpipe has a catylic converter followed by a resinator followed by the dpf. if you run a tuner on a low setting you probably will not have trouble. however if you leave that cat and resinator on the truck when you do the delete and run a high hp tune you will inevitably clog the cat and res. that will cause high egts and lots of lost power and fuel economy. thankfully i live in maryland and dont have to deal with the emissions crap you do. as far as your seeing of smoke rolling trucks in your area, they were probably produced before the latest emissions controls were established, hince likely grandfathering them from being tested.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Site Sponsor - Mighty Diesel
Received 213 Likes on 200 Posts

i know a guy that gutted everything stock on his exhaust and put it back on. he uses a smarty. you can set it lower than stock with the pod. i think this might pass any test.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats a great idea

Old 09-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't currently have to be inspected but i kept all mine, the exhaust goes in/out very fast. so if i ever have to be inspected i'll thro it in and give it a try. don't think it should be a problem with the tuner set to stock, but we'll see if that bridge ever comes.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello my name is andrew i bought a 2010 6.7l cummins last year and now its time for more mods. It is detonator yellow (hence the name bumblebee) i have a procomp 6 inch suspension lift 315 70 17 on american racing wheels and bushwackers on the fenders a cb and all kinds of goodies on the interior now its time for fuel mileage and some hp. Im new to the emissions stuff and the computers. I had an old 12v and i loved it. What tuner and dpf and egr delete should i go with

Old 11-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Received 843 Likes on 695 Posts

H&S Mini Maxx and H&S EGR/Cooler Delete.

Luke

Old 11-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey luke can u put a pillar guages with that setup

Quick Reply: DPF/EGR delete 6.7