6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

What helps make power up top?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 01:03 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Default What helps make power up top?

SO the other thread about low end power prompted me to wonder what helps make top end pull?? Im sure my Smarty tunned rig pulls like everyones, pretty much hell bent thru 4th gear and just doggin along in 5th and 6th. It has all kinds off ***** up to 22-2300 or so, but what makes the rest up to 3K+ come alive?

Cam, turbo, inectors, CP3's...where do you start or does it all come together as a package deal?? I figure top end power and pull starts to expand beyond the bolt on world...but ya never know...cause I dont HAHA

Thnx
Mike

Old 09-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

turbo and more fuel will help ALOT

Old 09-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4k rpm valve springs and a good spray should create some top end improvements as well

Old 09-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Diesel Wrench

Originally Posted by 300ft.
4k rpm valve springs and a good spray should create some top end improvements as well
mmmm NOS for got about that lil detail

Old 09-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

That what I figured. Whats a safe (or safer) top end booster...Nos or propane? Which would be easier on a daily driver that like to run hard on a friday at quiting time? I know NOS some in the gas world, and figure its not as testy to deal with in a diesel app if your spraying a moderate amount.

But I see the propane thing as well and wonder about it??? SInce every town had propane service stations and not every have NOS fill stations I began to think more of using propane since I move around alot in the service....

Fire back and let me know what you think.

My next adds are RSD Black ops air horn, and Air Dogg or Fass fuel pump, and I have the Snow MPG max meth kit. I plan on running both 625's on the big end and the 325 for the MPG side.

The Black ops air horn has 5 ports, is it safe to say fill 3 holes with meth injection and one with either NOS or Propane? Does it get tricky with both Nos/Propane and Meth sprayin at the same time?

Old 09-05-2010, 01:53 AM
Diesel Wrench

Imo nitrous is much safer than propane will lower your egts I use it on my truck and love it. pretty soon there will be a intergrated Nos controller built into the black maxx. Nos isnt as commonly found as propane and you need to check state and local laws here in texas we are not supposed to run it on the street ,but that doesnt really stop anyone just dont purge when the cop walks up to your vehicle. IMO nos is good by itself I wouldnt add anything to it ,but if you start shooting big shots to her your going to want to get a set of forged connecting rods and valve springs to keep from putting a window in your block. I say nos all the way propane generates heat nos lowers it and I say stick with one fuel type nos, propane, or water/meth to keep complications from happening. also how much nos you shoot needs to match the amount of fuel (diesel) that your truck can pump cp3 and other mods will be needed ,also your going to want to think about your turbo dont wanna over speed it and destroy it

Old 09-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

window in the block, thats funny
i can tell you that propane and water are a bad mix, i saw a duramax at a local truck pull distort his compressor housing when he hit the propane. the only thought as to how is the backfire that blew flames almost into the croud 30 yards away