6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Low Tire Idiot Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone figured out how to disable these things? does anyone know if there is an option in the StarScan to disable the dinger. I can live with the amber light as it matches my CEL from the egr unplug but the damn dinger is annoying.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by willis08
has anyone figured out how to disable these things? does anyone know if there is an option in the StarScan to disable the dinger. I can live with the amber light as it matches my CEL from the egr unplug but the damn dinger is annoying.
As a last resort I have seen people build a small capsule out of PVC pipe components (threaded and glued rather than just glued...) and put a valve stem in it... Just pull the sensors off the inside of your wheels, plop them in the capsule and pump it up until the light turns off. Just stash the capsule under your seat, and you never have to worry about it.

I know it sounds more like a pipe bomb, but it does work!

Old 08-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Sma't Alec!
Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Did u put the 35s on the factory rims or aftermarket rims? If aftermarket rims, did they transfer the TPS (Tire Pressure Sensors) into the new rims? If they didn't, there's your problem. The other problem I've seen is these idiot @ the tire stores damaging the sensors. I thought the late 07-08s had a button on the dash to disengage the TPS? One more bit of info, each TP Sensor has a battery in them that are non-replaceable, you have to replace the sensor.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
Did u put the 35s on the factory rims or aftermarket rims? If aftermarket rims, did they transfer the TPS (Tire Pressure Sensors) into the new rims? If they didn't, there's your problem. The other problem I've seen is these idiot @ the tire stores damaging the sensors. I thought the late 07-08s had a button on the dash to disengage the TPS? One more bit of info, each TP Sensor has a battery in them that are non-replaceable, you have to replace the sensor.
not all 07's have the TPMS, mine does not.
IIRC the tpms system is not mandatory on all vehicles until '08

Old 08-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The tire low light comes and goes on my truck. In the winter time, it is always on. Summer time, it clears away, but comes back when some dumbass in the passenger seat says "whats this do" and presses the button. Then it comes back. It is a really stupid thing to have in the truck IMO, waste of space. Eventually I want to get rid of the damn thing an in place run an aux lighting button.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

i was that idiot one time, and it did take a while to figure out what i did to it. it was right after thety started to switch to them, and that is when i got to learn about them also. boss didnt' like that deal, gave away a set of tires to replace just one sensor.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate these god damn sensors, my wire's avenger has them and that friggin light is on all the time, and my truck now has the light on, and I checked the tires yesterday, every tire was at 60 psi...so what the hell do I have to do to make the friggin light turn off?

I want the dealer to turn this thing off and just disable it, and be done with this crap... can it be done>? They're annoying and useless, do nothing other then annoy me to wit's end!

Old 10-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Site Sponsor - Mighty Diesel
Received 213 Likes on 200 Posts

mine takes more than 60 lbs to keep light off.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Sma't Alec!
Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

TPMS is mandated on all new vehicles, 08 and up IIRC.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are the transmitters in the valve stems or on the factory wheels??

Quick Reply: Low Tire Idiot Light