6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Another "I wrecked my truck today" thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see you are OK, let us know what the cops say when you get to talk to them some more, interested to know what they do with him. Some SOB ran over all the mailboxes for 2 miles on my road and the little F_cker didn't even have to pay to replace them.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 85 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by luv4rotties
Nice looking dogs, inside and out. Haven't seen that combo before...did you keep the whole litter? Sounds like you got lucky coming home when you did, or maybe he got lucky getting caught before entering your house... either way, glad your house, truck and you and dogs are all ok..... Yeah dogs can be great deterrents for robbers.... I would just love to see the look on a sob's face that tries and comes in our house or yard.....
Thank you. I hadn't seen that combo before either til my neighbor's dog climbed my back fence.. I do have the whole litter, and believe it or not have had no luck finding good homes for them. They've had their tails and dew claws done. shots etc.. and I still can't give them away. All I want is to find good homes for them. They are extremely smart, good natured, and VERY good watch dogs. If anybody within reasonable driving distance would like to have one of them, let me know.
My guess is that he was just about to either try to steal one of my dogs, or was planning on going through the back to get into the house. I wish he had hopped the back fence.. I would have been cleaning blood and body parts out of the back yard. They have left bruises all over me when we get to playing too rough.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Diesel Wrench

Here are some before and after pics. I have already talked to my insurance company, and have an appointment to go to the body shop Monday. USAA is hands down the best insurance company out there when it comes to service. Those of you with military backgrounds know what I'm talking about. They have already made it clear they will take care of my truck, and then go after the idiot responsible.
I'll go to the police station Monday and get a copy of the police report and should have some more info then. I looked down in between the a/c condensor and the intercooler, and it missed making contact with the intercooler by about 1/4 inch. I'll get some better pics of it tomorrow when I have more daylight. Thankfully, the Bullet grill survived without a scratch. When the dumbass gets out of jail, which is where I assume he is right now...I would venture to say, he'll think long and hard before he tries to headbutt a 3-1/2 ton goat with a crazy redneck behind the wheel again.
Depending on the estimate amount, I may try to talk my insurance company into an aftermarket bumper. When I hit a deer with my Jeep several years ago, they OKed an ARB as a replacement since it saved them 300 bucks.

Attached Thumbnails Another "I wrecked my truck today" thread-image2.jpg   Another "I wrecked my truck today" thread-image9.jpg   Another "I wrecked my truck today" thread-image10.jpg   Another "I wrecked my truck today" thread-image11.jpg  

Last edited by ETXBlueRam; 04-11-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

glad to hear they are gunna take care of you bud

Old 04-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Tough break man. Don't get another stock bumper. Sounds like you had a good time though. Too bad you didn't already have a cow killer, you could have hit him extra hard. Good job on the pursuit.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Diesel Wrench

I wish I had had the equivalent of the ARB that I have on my Jeep, or something like Digger Dave built for his truck.. It would have been on then.. If I had pushed it hard enough, I could have flipped him.. but I was trying to keep the damage on mine to a minimum. When I was pushing him, I was on a four lane divided street with no median. I wish I had kept on the throttle til I got him sideways... Oh well.. it was fun.. and would I do it again? In a HEARTBEAT!

Nice.. who added the "Don't mess with Texas?

As if all of this hasn't been exciting enough, I got "attacked" by my girlfriend's dog this morning. and of course she had to get a picture of it. Gotta love an 85lb. lap dog.

Attached Thumbnails Another "I wrecked my truck today" thread-img00035.jpg   Another "I wrecked my truck today" thread-img00007.jpg  

Last edited by ETXBlueRam; 04-11-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

my gf has adopted my dog

Old 04-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Diesel Wrench

Originally Posted by dodgeram082500
my gf has adopted my dog
Tell her she needs to adopt one of mine too. Not like I don't have plenty. Between my gf and me, we have an even dozen.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Damn crazy stuff....Glad you and your family and truck are safe....I wish I did live closer I would love to have one of those dogs.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Diesel Wrench

Where there's a will, there's a way. I really need to find good homes for them.. The sooner the better.

Quick Reply: Another "I wrecked my truck today" thread