6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Intake manifold ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Intake manifold ?

Anyone out there install and use a Pusher intake manifold?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 310 Likes on 299 Posts

Dont get one of their Powedercoated ones. Powdercoating cracks and flakes off. Mine flaked off big time from the inside and injested into my engine. The powdercoating also cracked and flaked all around the mounting flange, up about half way up the intake. Im hoping my engine doesnt f*ck-up from flakes being injested. The inside also rusted heavily, possibly from the use of my water/meth kit. Its been about a year since and no issues....yet. I tossed the pusher in the trash (best place for it). Ive since gotten another intake (similar) from another vender, but stainless this time. Still I cringe when I think about the flakes of powdercoating making their way into the cylinders.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Diesel Fan

That makes me sick! They did nothing for you? That has me a little afraid to do any intake manifold upddate.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:23 PM
Diesel Bomber

It is what it is bro. There are good intakes out there. Im just not into the plastics or composites or now anything powdercoated. Aluminum or stainless is the way to go whatever the make in my opinion. My stainless intake isnt affected by anything..... and it looks good to boot!

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Do your research first, then decide. Just mind what they're made of. A good aftermarket intake elbow certainly has its benefits. More flow and cooler EGT's are a couple.

Last edited by Bigg Redd; 12-26-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Diesel Fan

What mfg makes stainless? Thank you for all of your help!
You saved me $$$.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Diesel Bomber

Check out my signature. I went with that one. Pusher also makes aluminum and stainless intake elbows. But, ..........you underderstand..............

Most of the popular manufacturers make aluminum intakes, if you want aluminum. You will find that there are a hell of alot of opinions about the various intakes in the market. Its a stirred hornets nest. Most all who have various intakes on their rigs will have opinions, whether good bad or indifferent. it can be confusing, but it also depends what your goals are or what your using your rig for, ie drag racing, sled pulling, heavy towing daily etc...

Last edited by Bigg Redd; 12-26-2013 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Diesel Fan

Towing.I pull all over and looking for anything that lowers Egt. Mpg is a must. This truck got 9.5 to 10 pulling now 13 and larger tires.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Diesel Bomber

Ive used cummins 2nd gen intake, Banks High Ram, Blade Runner, Pusher and now CXRacing. All Have served me well, with the exception of Pusher's quality. All have performed well over the stock intake. More velocity, volume, lower EGT's, Quicker spool-up and mileage increase over the stock intake. THese are the only ones I can attest to. I really cant speak for the others out there. About all you can do is read the customer reviews from the various makes/ manufacturers. Oh and the forums as well. My rig is a part-time daily driver. I switch back and forth with my other dually, a lowered Chevy CC with supercharged big block. My CTD is mainly used to tow my 9800 lb travel trailer, or haul firewood and such. The CTD is the workhorse, the other is the cruiser.

Old 12-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Diesel Fan

Are the composite material intakes made to hold up to a diesel?

Old 12-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Diesel Bomber

Ive actually heard of a few composites cracking at the mounting flange. I dont remember the manufacturer tho. Thats why I decided to stick to the metal ones. My only advice would be not to over tighten during installation. The biggest plus is the fact that they stay cool and really dont absorb engine heat like the metal ones. THey also look pretty cool. I dont know if they, composites or carbon fiber, degrade with time. Ya may have to research that. I actually have my intake, and boost tubes wrapped in reflectorized bubble wrap and sealed with aluminum tape. Works really well for me.

Judging by the year of your rig, you probably dont have a whole lot of miles on it. These rigs take quite a while to break-in. As it breaks-in, your fuel mileage should increase. IRRC these rigs should be considered broken-in at about 100k, give or take. Also being a big-*** 6.7 Cummins, it may not increase a whole lot.

Last edited by Bigg Redd; 12-30-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Intake manifold ?