6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Any Problems Yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one the main problem is the throwout bearing. i can feel it in the cluch. the dealer called up mopar and the said im going to be a test dummy.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:26 AM

I have had mine to the dealer 3 times for check engine lights. All three were turbo related. A faulty turbo code (no problems found), and twice for carbon build up in the turbo. I love the power and feel of the truck, but these trips to the dealer are starting to irritate me. The service tech told me to drive it to and from work once a week (70 total miles with only 4 stop signs) in tow/haul mode. That might help to clean out the DPF. He said the other option was to run it down the highway for 15-20 minutes at 65 mph. I guess I don't really have a choice. Diesels need to work...they are not meant to be grocery gettters!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto! I have had mine at dealer several times for the same damn thing. Some turbo code. Nothing seems to be wrong tho. Runs great specially now

Old 10-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

I have heard alot of people love pulling trailers with them. They say the bottom end TQ is great. I've not heard of any real problems though.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:06 PM

4000 miles on mine and it's yet to even have a regen cycle.
I run it decently hard though so maybe that helps.
17mpg empty 14 or so towing. Not as good as my 2000 but acceptable.

The real selling point is the 68RFE. That and the integrated exhaust brake.
We'll see how it holds up to plowing this winter.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by J.Keith
4000 miles on mine and it's yet to even have a regen cycle.
I run it decently hard though so maybe that helps.
17mpg empty 14 or so towing. Not as good as my 2000 but acceptable.

The real selling point is the 68RFE. That and the integrated exhaust brake.
We'll see how it holds up to plowing this winter.
I'm curious as to how you figure it hasn't regenerated? Unless you have a programmer that can tell you (edge juice) it's almost impossible to tell. Although one way is when your overhead mileage starts to drop.

BigD

Old 04-15-2008, 06:50 PM

so far ive had mine at the dealer twice now and im taking it back tomorrrow for check engine problems ive got a cold air intake and banks exhaust on my 6.7 and it runs great tho fuel mileage sucks but im worried that the intake and the exhaust will void my warranty what do you guys think

Old 04-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by johngiblin71106
so far ive had mine at the dealer twice now and im taking it back tomorrrow for check engine problems ive got a cold air intake and banks exhaust on my 6.7 and it runs great tho fuel mileage sucks but im worried that the intake and the exhaust will void my warranty what do you guys think
If you had the stock intake and exhaust still, I would be safe and throw them on. Otherwise just hope and pray you have a cool dealer that is mod friendly.

I think the 6.7's basically got all the kinks ironed out of them. I do still hear of DPF's clogging on them, but hey you can always delete them.

The 6.4's seem to be doing fairly decent, they have some problems with them, but nothing to catastophic. I've heard of a couple quite running, but not very many. Its just when you go to sites like these, you never see a thread talking about how you love your truck and have never had a problem with them, they are mainly filled with questions, and problems that need diagnosing.

This is how I take it. I see lets say 10x more problem threads about the new fords than the new dodges. But around here, there seems to be around 10x more 08 Fords, than 6.7 cummins. Just how I look at it.

The the way, my parents have a 2008 Ford F350 6.4/auto CC LB SRW 4x4 Lariat all optioned out. That truck is a beast, whenever my truck is down, I get to drive there's. I must say that is the only good thing coming from my truck needing to be worked on (it hasnt ever broke down on me, just needed to be worked on, like when I drove 50 miles with a grenaded turbo making a max of 1.5psi at WOT at 70mph, when that is usually 9psi, it just needed to be fixed, it didnt make my truck stop running). Anyways with a full amount of fuel, and me in it, it weighs a schosh over 9300pounds, yeah, its a little on the heavy side. The best fuel economy I have seen was about 17mpg, but around here we only do 60+-mph on the freeways. There truck has 6000 miles, and the only problem with it was that the powersteering/brake pump was acting weird (hard to explain, but when you depressed the peddle, the peddle would feel like it was vibrating, same with turning the steering wheel. I day later and at a cost of nothing to us our truck was back up and running. Its grossed over 19K pounds going over mountain passes, and has enough power to pass basically anybody up. Its a great truck. Truth be told, for what we use it for, it was the best choice. Looking at the new trucks, the fords are the heaviest hands down, I'm sure most will agree. We use ours to haul a camper and boat around, and with the high center of gravity with the camper on, its good to have a lot of weight on the bottom to keep things safe.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Diesel Fan

Mine was just in the shop last week for "hesitation". When I get on the gas, and not hard, it hesitates, and kind of sputters, and then it takes off! I do not notice any smoke, and sometimes when I turn on the engine brake, it fixes the problem. I have installed an afe airbox, and a muffler delete magnaflow, and when I hear the "little" rumble out of the exhaust I know it is going to run great! But when I do not hear it, it runs like ****! Sometimes I can drive it for 5 minutes, shut it off, and then start it and go again and that solves the problem. Any suggestions? It is an 08' Megacab with 3900 miles.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by FordGuy100
The the way, my parents have a 2008 Ford F350 6.4/auto CC LB SRW 4x4 Lariat all optioned out. That truck is a beast, whenever my truck is down, I get to drive there's. I must say that is the only good thing coming from my truck needing to be worked on (it hasnt ever broke down on me, just needed to be worked on, like when I drove 50 miles with a grenaded turbo making a max of 1.5psi at WOT at 70mph, when that is usually 9psi, it just needed to be fixed, it didnt make my truck stop running).

Apparently, grenading a turbo means something very different to me than it does to you. I have seen some turbos go, and believe me, when you "grenade" a turbo there will be no more boost, let alone driving at 70 mph.

Quick Reply: Any Problems Yet?