5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

adjusted valves and engin still sounds chattery

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 09:34 AM
FormerVendor
Received 107 Likes on 99 Posts

Checking rail at idle will tell you if its the fca or injectors

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

had the injection pump replaced anytime even with stock? they dont have to be timed but a cp3 is supposed to be timed for noise according to dealer, although to be honest i never do. also remember the isb is gear driven so with mileage you will get a little gear play and a lttle play in six gears is gonna make some rattle. plus as long as it dont sound like a powerjoke you should be good

Old 06-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote=cummin_un_glued;907328]Checking rail at idle will tell you if its the fca or injectors

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.[

howbdo i do tht, what am i lookingfor?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by dixierebel0213
had the injection pump replaced anytime even with stock? they dont have to be timed but a cp3 is supposed to be timed for noise according to dealer, although to be honest i never do. also remember the isb is gear driven so with mileage you will get a little gear play and a lttle play in six gears is gonna make some rattle. plus as long as it dont sound like a powerjoke you should be good
nope everything is from factory, can the cp3 lose timing over time ? and the gear driven parts can those be replaced or adjusted? what bout sending the injectors our to get redone? i have no problems wit the truck at all i jus wana make sure everything is perfect cuz i am keeping this truck for a long time. my plan is to send the injectors out to get rebuilt and have 90hp nozzles put on and up grade the cp3, is that a bad idea for a engin with 186,000 miles? sorry about running off topic

Last edited by Bigred7.3; 06-25-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost