5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Went and did it!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Went and did it!

I've spent some time looking for my own Cummins TD and I've finally found it. Bought it too, for way less than the PO was asking. Need some consensus though on whether or not I got a fairly good deal.

2003 2500 SLT, 4x4, Cummins Turbo Diesel, auto, air, power everything. 43,506 miles on the clock, 5,000 lb airbags as helpers, absolutely super condition camper shell. Asking was $20,500. I thought that was too high so offered $15,000. We settled on $16,500. Truck is exceptionally clean, no rust, no damage, ALL MAINTENANCE RECORDS since new are included.

Truck has no mods to it (yet) and during my first week of ownership and (so far) 1200 miles of driving I've averaged 20.3 mpg, (manually calculated).

PO was a serious 'don't wanter' with two brand new Volvo and Mercedes cars in his garage.

So, Whatch think?

Old 10-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

sound like a sweet truck, what's the cab and bed configuration?

Old 10-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheres the pics?

Old 10-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Truck is a Quad Cab, bed is a long bed. 4x4 is non-dually.

Comeon.... Sabertooth, I haven't had it long enough to ........wait, yes I have....

I just have to wait until I get back home this weekend. Truck is the popular dark blue, (I would have preferred a different color since my wife works for DoD on an Air Force base. BUT, my daughter just loves the color blue so I guess I'm stuck with it. It's probably the last truck I'll ever buy

Looking at it today, in prep for going back to San Antonio, I had about four hours to really go over it. I would have expected a leak or two at least SOMEWHERE on the beast but found absolutely nothing. At 43k on the clock though, I don't suppose it's even had a chance to get loosened up.

I'm happy with it and when I say it's like 'showroom' new, I mean inside and out. One can usually tell if a vehicle has been detailed and I see no signs of that at all.

The following users liked this post:
bobcat67 (10-31-2010)