5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

HVAC troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HVAC troubleshooting

i just recently repalce the heater core in my 03 and after replacing it and putting the truck back together i noticed the heater and a/c arent working right, idk if it might be something with the blend door actuator or if it may be something else, cuz on the selector it only blows out of the head vents and does not switch to the floor or defroster? and also the dual climat control only works on the passenger side??? and thirdly the blower only blows on high the 2 low settings dont do anything? any help would be much appriciated

Old 01-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

Yeah you messed up the blend door motor position. Or worse broke the blend door. You were right in that area when you replaced the heater core?!

Old 01-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes i know and it was not a fun task getting that out of the truck!!! and what happened was my buddy was helping me do it cuz i was doing it around my work schedule and he called me when i was at work and told me me broke the bracket linkage that goes over where you takethe heater core out at!!! the one thing you have to take off he f-ing broke! and thats what i was afraid of. so looks like another long day and night of pulling all that out!!! thanks for the help, i figured thats what it was even tho i was hoping that wasnt it