5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

I can't believe it worked!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I can't believe it worked!

So...I've been having problems with my truck for a while-somewhere between the fuel tank and the injector nozzle. She'd miss at idle, cough and shake, and was down on power. Every time I took it to Dodge to run diagnostics, it ran fine! they couldn't figure it out, and thought it might be the chip (edge). Unplugged the chip, still acted up. Their mechanic told me to tap on the side of the cp3 with a hammer (no kidding) and to throw a quart of "Marvel mystery oil" in the tank with my next fuel-up. It worked! runs like a top now-Power is back, and she purrs like big cat. Go figure.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts

My very first vehicle was a 1979 Dodge D-100 with a 2-barrel 318 and over 180,000 miles. The truck had sat for several months before I bought it and ran a bit rough to say the least! Being 16 and way short on funds, my grandpa told me to throw a quart of Marvel Mystery oil in the gas tank. I did, and within 50 miles of driving, the old gasser ran like a new engine! Idle smoothed out, no more hesitation and better power. Don't know what they put in the stuff (must be the "mystery" part) but it does an old engine good. Sold the old beater several years later with 247,000 miles on her. It was rusted to the ground, but ran every day!