5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

No start after injector tip replace

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start after injector tip replace

Hey all, thanks and newbie to the forum .
Here is the situation. Had an initial problem of bank A code injectors... Ohm out to find number one solenoid failed. While replacing that, I decided to change the tips to possibly avoid replacing all at the time......
Needless to say, I get no start at all now. Will start on ether shot ( very little and only twice).... So the question is.... I tried to rematch the injector with the feed tubes.... BUT if they got mixed up, being a crush tube likely may be at issue? No smoke trying to start, fuel getting to the injector tubes as I bled them...... Likely going to order new set of injectors and tubes shortly... But hate to spend the 2700.00 if I am still going to need to go to the shop...

Yes injectors and tubes were re torqued to specs and sequence..... Bit of advice would be very helpful. Thanks.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:32 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Bosch makes these injectors in clean rooms and precision made. You don't want to change the nozzles on these injectors unless you absolutely know what you're doing. Go through and check all your wiring make sure it's correct, and then check your fuel pressure and you're cranking rail pressure. It wouldn't hurt to verify that the feed tubes are in the injectors correctly and triple check the torque spec on everything.

The following users liked this post:
Phreaque (09-29-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep. Torque and sequence done again..... I get fuel to the feed tubes. But its not high pressure.... But, if the feed tubes arent seating, then its not going to be able to build pressure is what I find in searching..... The only commonality is I removed the injectors, and now no fire.... So, replace injectors, feed tubes and gasket is next step...