Electrical problem? Need help - Diesel Bombers

5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2017, 07:47 PM

Default Electrical problem? Need help

I have an 04 Cummins I've had for 3 years. I've had nothing but problems with it. Found out the guy I bought it from was racing and pulling with it. It had a programmer on it but isn't on anymore. Long story short I've had a codes popping up out the ***. These are the codes I have, P2121, P2127, P2123, P0201, P2127, P0202, P0203, P0204, P2509, P2146. It's a lot. I'm not sure if this could be all a computer issue or a lot of wiring issues. I did lose my gas pedal once so I think the sensor may need replacing. The rest I'm not sure about. I don't know where to start. Any help would be appreciated
Old 08-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osfan93 View Post
I have an 04 Cummins I've had for 3 years. I've had nothing but problems with it. Found out the guy I bought it from was racing and pulling with it. It had a programmer on it but isn't on anymore. Long story short I've had a codes popping up out the ***. These are the codes I have, P2121, P2127, P2123, P0201, P2127, P0202, P0203, P0204, P2509, P2146. It's a lot. I'm not sure if this could be all a computer issue or a lot of wiring issues. I did lose my gas pedal once so I think the sensor may need replacing. The rest I'm not sure about. I don't know where to start. Any help would be appreciated
I would start by cleaning all battery grounds and terminal connections. After that take a look at the wiring harnesses going to injector bays- these will be on the drivers side of the valve cover. Also check your rail pressure sensor etc. Usually a string of codes are started by one triggering the rest.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:02 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Knockout P2509 first. Check all battery connections and ALL grounds. Make sure they are clean and tight. See what your alternator is putting out, get your batteries tested, check all the plugs on the bottom of your TIPM making sure there is no corrosion or broken pins and do the same for the ECU plugs.