5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Lots and lots of white smoke!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 07:37 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lots and lots of white smoke!!!!

Ok, I've been gone a while, and need to update my signature...... I got anther truck a while back, and I'm stumped on it! It's stock, with an edge cs evolution programmer, other than tranny upgrades. So, my problem is this..... I gernaded the turbo, and up to that point, it ran fine till then!! When it went, it started smoking bad! It didn't surprise me, and I assumed it was blowing oil through the turbo! It used about a gallon, I my way home, which was a little ove 100 miles! Well..... I work out of the truck, and needed it fixed right away, so, instead of putting a kit in it, which I have ordered, I took 3 turbo I had around, and put it back together. It's not new, but felt pretty good. Well..... I started it up, and same thing! Clouds of smoke!!!! It idles fine, except for a flutter now and then. It'll rev fine too, the first time, and then a slight flutter, when the smoke comes. It takes some at idle, but mostly above idle. There's no water in the oil. It smells a little like fuel, but not just really bad. Is there any chance in hell, that it could've pushed enough into the intercooler, that it's still pushing oil into the motor? One other thing, is, I can see a little oil bubbling out, between the the manifold, and turbo flanges. Help please!