5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

Hi I have 2003 cummins 5.9.
I have no check engine light on but when I scan my truck with a scan tool a code pops up it's a PO 062. Is that a o2 sensor code? Does a 2003 dodge ram cummins come stock with 02 sensors? How do I get rid of this code does anybody know. Thanks

Old 04-06-2017, 12:39 PM
Diesel Fan

p0602? it should have 4 numbers in each, or p0062, and is this full scan tool or a code reader?

Old 04-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Diesel Fan

So when I turn the key to the on position times on the dash comes up with the code 602. So when I plugged in my scan tool it reads po2609

Old 04-06-2017, 02:50 PM
Diesel Fan

[QUOTE=6OGabe;1129823]So when I turn the key to the on position 3 times on the dash comes up with the code 602. So when I plugged in my scan tool it reads po2609

Old 04-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Diesel Fan

2609 is your intake heater, go to the passenger battery and check your heater solenoids. Theres two of them attached to the battery tray kind of on the inside of it. Check the press on wires, very, very, common issue. If the wires are good, you clear the code, and restart on a cold morning and its still there, then start diagnosing your solenoid with a tester and see if its bad. they tend to fail, but not as often as the wires get knocked off.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Diesel Fan

Thank you for your reply. I used a Snap-on scanner and I commanded the solenoids on I can hear a clicking noise. Then I checked the grounds on the oem grid heater with a test light and the light comes on. I reset the engine code but it does not erase the code. Do you think there is a break in the grid heater? This code happened when I installed AFE grid heater delete and now I am having trouble getting the code off. With my stock oem grid heater on

Old 04-10-2017, 12:47 AM
Diesel Fan

Thats really strange. I wouldn't think the grid itself is bad. Im not sure if the cmputer would be able to sense that. My guess is it has a feed from feed out of the solenoid into the computer as well just to know its going. Im not positive on that but cant see another way without a full canbus monitoring which it seems like too many amps to deal in that. I would check for corrosion on the wire to the solenoids. Maybe a bad voltage in?? another deal is the crossover wire. That can corrode. It would never hurt to put a tester on the grid though and confirm that there is crossing there from each stud to ground. From there maybe follow lines if your still having an issue or just check if youre getting voltage to it when starting cold. And with the other codes, being there, they may be the same, but always check connections, regularly clean grounds etc. Ive lost a good hauling transmission in my 05 at 200k because the ground messed with the computers commands and not an actual trans issue. See what you can find from those points and we can go from there.

Old 04-10-2017, 12:58 AM
Diesel Fan

Thank you for the reply. I checked the ohms on the the grid heater terminal 1 post was good the other post went back from 8 to 5 ohms?