5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Another Injector Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Injector Thread

Hi Guys,

I am finally in a place where I need to replace the injectors in my truck. Its go a little over 290k and won't start unless its warm out. I figure its time to do it. Now the only question is from where? I can get remanufactured ones from everywhere. Are they really that bad? Or should I look at brand new ones from Engineered Diesel?

Old 08-25-2016, 10:08 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Do NOT skimp! Buy new Bosch or xerngy injectors no remans. Depending on HP goals buy size nozzles accordingly. Shop around and mention you are on bombers- some companies will offer discount. Jkidd at DAP helped with mine

Old 08-26-2016, 01:56 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

buy new, not remanned. i also got my injectors from diesel auto power and they have pretty good prices

Old 08-26-2016, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by CumminsCoalRoller24/7
Do NOT skimp! Buy new Bosch or xerngy injectors no remans. Depending on HP goals buy size nozzles accordingly. Shop around and mention you are on bombers- some companies will offer discount. Jkidd at DAP helped with mine
Could you elaborate a little for me? Jkidd is a user on here I'm assuming and DAP is Diesel Auto Power? Sorry, I'm new to this forums.

I think I am going to go with stock size or maybe 50hp ones. I'm not looking to start building on this thing now. I just want good fuel mileage on it and bigger injectors I don't think are going to help me

Old 08-26-2016, 10:35 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Yes- call diesel auto power in Utah. Let them know you need injectors and are looking for new Bosch injectors. You can mention you are on diesel bombers and they will ask for your user name to verify so be sure you fill out your sig and info. Injectors are something you want to do once in a long while so if you have power goals then go with bigger nozzles and smaller tunes vs. stock nozzle and bigger tune. Ask them about size options and let them know your thoughts/questions! Look at other vendors online as well to compare prices just be sure they are new and you read reviews!

Old 08-29-2016, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by CumminsCoalRoller24/7
Yes- call diesel auto power in Utah. Let them know you need injectors and are looking for new Bosch injectors. You can mention you are on diesel bombers and they will ask for your user name to verify so be sure you fill out your sig and info. Injectors are something you want to do once in a long while so if you have power goals then go with bigger nozzles and smaller tunes vs. stock nozzle and bigger tune. Ask them about size options and let them know your thoughts/questions! Look at other vendors online as well to compare prices just be sure they are new and you read reviews!
Hey thanks! I'm going to give them a call.