5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Please help!! I'm desperate!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 02:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!! I'm desperate!!

I just moved from Texas to Minnesota, the winter is here and the first thing that happened to my was that a battery terminal broke and I had a lack of voltage for a few days until I found the issue, by that time the check engine was already on, so I took my truck to autozone and the reading came out as a "low voltage or air supply sensor not working issue" so I checked my batteries, they were good, I changed the terminal but the light is still on. Then, I couldn't find the block heater so you can imagine what I'm going through every single morning, white smoke comes out of my exhaust, takes forever to warm up, my engine RPM goes high with a weird sound like if a cylinder were not working and as a cherry on top a peculiar smell to diesel is coming out of my truck all the time. Honestly, I don't think my truck has come equipped with a block heater. Does anyone knows where to start looking for? I checked every sq inch under my hood and nothing... otherwise in case my truck doesn't have it, how to install it???

Thanks

Old 12-28-2015, 04:33 AM
Received 9,670 Likes on 6,381 Posts

I would check around the the lower front grill

Old 12-28-2015, 05:25 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

You may not have the cord! The heater element is on the Pass side next to the oil filter/cooler housing. It has a black plastic cap on it if there is no cord! You can buy the cord online or the dodge stealer.
Hopefully you don't have a cracked/ stuck open injector! Does the exhaust smell like diesel? Look for wet spots for fuel leaks! Also drain the fuel filter in caser there is water in there! Do this after it's hot! Get a radiator cover to keep the engine hot in the cold!

Old 12-28-2015, 11:51 PM

You should be able to get a replacement cord from napa .

Old 12-29-2015, 11:31 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 186 Likes on 159 Posts

Mopar sells a nice custom-fit winter front you could definitely benefit from.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by dangerous1965
You may not have the cord! The heater element is on the Pass side next to the oil filter/cooler housing. It has a black plastic cap on it if there is no cord! You can buy the cord online or the dodge stealer.
Hopefully you don't have a cracked/ stuck open injector! Does the exhaust smell like diesel? Look for wet spots for fuel leaks! Also drain the fuel filter in caser there is water in there! Do this after it's hot! Get a radiator cover to keep the engine hot in the cold!
There's a little bit of diesel (a few drops) on top of the high pressure fuel injector pump, there's no cord to the block heater but I found the heating element, thanks. I'll try to find a radiator cover in the mean time I will use a simple cardboard, thanks!!