5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

high voltage tps????

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high voltage tps????

hello to all...i recently picked up an 03 dodge cummins w/49,000 miles on it. was commuting with it a few months..was having some issues with it surging at idle.....now i'm not getting torque converter lockup...the tps is reading 4.8-5 volts i bought a timbo apps on ebay and just installed it and low and behold...same thing....5 volts....???? i've searched the problem and all i find is "dead pedal" threads.........anyone have any ideas?

Old 12-29-2015, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Mike
hello to all...i recently picked up an 03 dodge cummins w/49,000 miles on it. was commuting with it a few months..was having some issues with it surging at idle.....now i'm not getting torque converter lockup...the tps is reading 4.8-5 volts i bought a timbo apps on ebay and just installed it and low and behold...same thing....5 volts....???? i've searched the problem and all i find is "dead pedal" threads.........anyone have any ideas?
no one has ever heard of this problem?

Old 01-07-2016, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Mike
no one has ever heard of this problem?
if moderator could move this to critical ticket category I would really appreciate it I really need to get this fixed and I have no idea what I should do next

Old 01-08-2016, 05:56 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 347 Likes on 309 Posts

Did you get a Maintenance check light? or any codes? You might try the old disconnect the batteries wait 30 seconds hook them up, turn on the key, slowly depress the accelerator pedal fully and release back up, shut off the key. Then start the truck and recheck. This used to be the way to reset the APPS on 1998.5-2004 not sure if this will work but worth a try. I think the TPS/APPS changed in 2004. The old APPS sensors were around .5 to .6 volts at idle i think.

Last edited by Jet A Fuel; 01-08-2016 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:04 AM

been busy...just got around to working on this....so i had no maintainance light prior to changing apps.....but i did get a code on dash, cant remember now for sure but it was 2123 or 2127.....but no engine light, and didnt show up on my code reader.......now i do...getting a dtc 2127 and then a p0700 and engine light is on in dash......i did recheck all plug/pin connections.....cleaned battery terminals, cleaned all grounds i could find in engine compartment.....tried erasing codes with my code scanner and still the same.....what it really sticking out to me is the high voltage condition. all the other threads i read on this topic cover the "dead pedal"..... / low or drop in voltage condition quite well.....but not my problem.......also to reply to pedal calibration.....yes i did that....found a number of good videos on youtube that were year specific (03-04) to this, as well as on changing apps.........dont know what i should do next....thank god we have not had any snow this winter, i bought this to among other things plow my long *** driveway....if there is a bright side to this, i guess that would be it!