5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

04 dodge 3500 air dog fp 100 install help

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 dodge 3500 air dog fp 100 install help

So tomorrow I'm going to be installing my pump but I had some questions before I start. Since my lift pump is up by the engine do I have to modify the in tank portion like thoroughbred did for the 02 in the video? Or do I just connect the new fuel suction lines to the factory connectors on the in pump portion the instruction manual is very vague on this

Old 12-20-2015, 02:26 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

they are indeed vague. I dropped my tank, unplugged the the pump, and used the draw straw kit to feed the new lines. keep the factory lines in case you need to bypass the air dog (emergeny). Run the New fuel lines alongside the stock ones. There is also a filter delete kit that cleans up the firewall where the original fuel filter was located. you might get the "water in fuel" warning after washing the truck due to water getting in the stock fuel lines, but dont worry about it. You'll need to cut the draw straw to length. try to suspend the tank when getting that measurement. ( just to ensure that you don't cut it too short, and run out of available fuel at 1/4 tank)