5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

No power to cluster, interior lights,door locks

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 05:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power to cluster, interior lights,door locks

Cleaned battery terminals got in to drive truck next day 06 cummins 3500 nothing!! No cluster, won't turn over no overhead lights. Headlights still work and I can hear fuel pump?? Edge cts shows 12.2 volts batteries and fuses in tipm are good. Battery terminals and grounds look good. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks Brad

Old 02-19-2015, 06:26 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 310 Likes on 299 Posts

Did you just clean your batt terminals? Try cleaning all ground contacts in the engine bay, IE: cables grounded to the block, frame, and all ground straps or ground wires in the engine bay. There are several.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bigg Redd, I took terminals off batteries and cleaned them very well. I visually inspected all the grounds and made sure they were tight. I did not take them off individually. I have tried to hold odometer button in and turn key to accessorie and gauges did not sweep? I'm at a loss for what could cause this. I guess I'll recheck grounds as you mentioned. Thanks again let me know if you think of anything else

Old 02-20-2015, 10:24 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 310 Likes on 299 Posts

If youve never cleaned your ground connections, then its a good idea to do so. You will be surprised how dirty and corroded they could be. Especially if you live in cold climate where road-salt is an issue, in heavy snow. Corrosion can be minimal, but its enough to raise havoc. I clean mine a couple of times per year, and also use di-electric grease to protect against corrosion caused by moisture. The same happened to my rig about 3 yrs ago. I found the same resolve on this site and it worked for me. Just tossing it out there......