5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

resetting odometer and turning off "lamp out" light

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 06:31 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default resetting odometer and turning off "lamp out" light

Ok guys, I'm building a 63 crew cab power wagon, putting it on an 03 quad cab frame and drivetrain. All drivetrain, electronics, etc will be used off the '03. I'm rebuilding everything mechanically so I basically start with a new truck. The donor truck has 216k miles. I want to reset the odometer to 0 miles when the truck is finished. I know its a gray area, some would call it odometer fraud. To me its a new restoration mechanically new, I could buy an aftermarket cluster with 0 on it but want to use the 03 cluster. I know it can be done but don't know who to talk to. Also, I assume anyone smart enough to do that would be able to make it so the lamp out dash light doesn't work. I'm assuming the resistance on the old dodge tail lights isn't right for the computer and it thinks I have a bad bulb.

If someone knows how to accomplish what I want I appreciate the help.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:23 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

Yeah i just put a new motor in but was unable to reset the odometer I'm watching this one too!