5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

help

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

I have an 03 2500 dodge 5.9. And I'm having and issue with it. I got the truck not to long ago and the truck is pretty much stock besides and s&b intake and 5 inch turbo back exhaust and just but a new intank fuel pump in it. It has be retrofitted from stock system. I have a smarty for it and I plugged it in and went through the steps. I turned it on nine later that night and there was no change between 5 and 9 and that's with adjusting the other options on it. It had tntr software on it and I tried putting revo on it and made it worse. Feels like there is no power in the truck and zero smoke. You can power break it and it goes to 2200 rpms and stops nothing more. I put a soloist ultra scanner on it and fuel pressure at idle is 5300 and wide open any were between 21000 to 23000 I replace the fuel filter and nothing I'm not sure what is going on if it could be injectors the programmer it self fuel lines cp3 I'm not sure if anyone has any ideas It would be great to here thanks

Old 09-14-2014, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 332 Likes on 316 Posts

I would take the tuner off and return it to stock.Then see if the truck runs different. If it does, then it could be the tuner.