5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

NEED ADVICE ON 48RE TRANS REBUILD AND NEW TQ

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED ADVICE ON 48RE TRANS REBUILD AND NEW TQ

I need to have my 48 re transmission rebuilt and have a new tq converter installed. I have a 04 ram 3500 dually 5.9 cummins. I also haul a 14k dump trailer with it on a daily basis. What is the best setup for my truck considering the hauling I do. I would like to have it built up stronger then stock without overdoing it. Thanks for all advice in advance.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up doing a triple disk converter, different valve body, billet input shaft, roller gear train and some other junk...works for what I haul (12k or so) but I'm no expert.

Not trying to sell you anything, but I'd call Matt or Dave over at Ultimate Transmission in Garden City, ID. They've built 2 for me (one for both the 04's I've had) and several of my buddies have had transmissions done by them and we've all been very happy. Very knowledgeable guys, reasonable prices, excellent work, best of luck.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sparkey sounds like he has a really good setup, PATC sells rebuild kits that if you or someone you know are capable of installing, can save alot of coin and leave you more than satisfied! If its more of an out with the old and in with the new, ive never heard a bad thing about suncoast or goerend! best of luck with whatever you decide!

Old 08-26-2014, 08:11 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

Sun toast has no warranty go with Goerend!

Old 09-15-2014, 07:14 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

x2 on Suncoast I would stay away from them thier warranty isn't the best and thier customer service is the worst in the buisness as far as i'm concerened. This is after my triple disk failed with only 10k miles on it and all I pull is a little 7k lb jeep.

I would check out Firepunk, have serveral friends that have thier transmissions and are extremely happy with them.