5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Is this a good buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good buy?

I have been considering a 5.9, 6.7 and even the 3L Ram 1500, this came along and considering all the engine and transmission work, is it a good buy? I just need a used truck with reliability because this truck with 200k+ I plan on driving it into the ground, I figure the parts are worth more than the truck.

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9l cummins

Can the transmission reliably hold the power he claims?

I do a lot of highway driving and towing +10k, my 2500 V10's 10mpg is killer, 17-21 sounds great.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

Nice truck and well worth it! Yes the tranny will hold fine and you won't have to dump money into it! Be careful that kind of power will have you in jail or rolled very easily!
17 to 21 is empty towing will be around 12 BUT hills will be well what hills! Make an offer for what he's asking but have him throw in the V2! Sweet ride ****** it up quick before I do!

Old 01-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dangerous1965
Nice truck and well worth it! Yes the tranny will hold fine and you won't have to dump money into it! Be careful that kind of power will have you in jail or rolled very easily!
17 to 21 is empty towing will be around 12 BUT hills will be well what hills! Make an offer for what he's asking but have him throw in the V2! Sweet ride ****** it up quick before I do!
Thanks for the info. The last truck I was about to buy was real sweet and I told the guy I would meet him the next day to buy it, he called me up the next day and said some highschool kids parents bought the truck from him. I have been searching a long time for another sweet deal and this one sounds like it's bulletproof. I just thought there might be a story behind this truck and maybe someone else would pick up on it. I mean, the engine gets a complete overhaul at 200k, the tranny goes at 215k and he puts a built tranny in and then puts it up for sale without even putting a full tank of diesel through it supposedly. Sounds strange but I will call tomorrow.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Also, if anyone is afraid to click the link I will copy the page here:
First off, NO Solicatations, and No I do not need help selling it, and No I do not want to trade.
Ok now that that's out of the way, up for sale is my 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.9l cummins engine, truck odometer says 216000 miles, but everything in the truck has less than 20,000 miles on it. Listed below is what has been done to it, transmission was just redone and has less than a 100 miles on it. If you do not think its worth the price then don't look, and you obviously have not been around diesels that make big power as I have well over the asking price in just parts on this thing, research it and you will see....
Engine:
Complete rebuild with 12v polished and harden rods with ARP bolts,
Gorilla girdle, CNC port and polished head with all new valves, ARP head studs, Hamilton #110 valve springs, Hamilton 180/210 cam, Mahle balanced pistons, balanced crank, Steed Speed 12v T3 exhaust manifold, all internals coated with poly Dyn coatings, CFM intake horn, Crazy Carl intake plume, MRB oversized intercooler tubes, AFE blade runner intercooler, ATS dual Cp3's, Industrial Injection 66mm silver bullet turbo with 5" turbo back exhaust, DDP 90hp injectors ( all new not remans) Flex Fan dual cooling fans, custom air intake with AFE pro guard 7 filter, Air Dog II DF 165 fuel pump and ATS fluid dampner, and billet flywheel

Trans:
Gorend billet input, intermediate shaft and billet 29 spline output shaft(less than 100 miles on trans parts), all billet upgraded servo piston, billet direct apply piston, billet band anchor, band strut, carbon fiber bands. Upgraded planetary gears( all steel six pinion ) Raybestos Kevlar clutches throughout, maxed direct and overdrive clutch pacs, Gorend valve body, and triple disk torque converter, Gorend trans pan, BD trans cooler along with factory cooler, transfer case is all new rebuild with 29 spline input shaft. Transfer case has clocking ring installed to correct driveline angle, and custom trans mount, new front and rear drivelines.
Front diff:
All new joints and bearings and seals with yukon part time conversion
Rear diff:
All new bearings and seals with new ring and pinion (4:10)
Truck:
Brand new optima batteries, 6in rough country lift, BD steering stiffner, dual steering stabilizers, Jenson head unit with 2 1000watt+ amps! custom sub box under rear seat, 2 Jenson 10" subs, all 4 Jenson speakers. HID recon head light, EFI Live tuning by cummins tuner( you must have your own V2 or auto cal or I will sell you my V2 for an extra $700, tunes alone cost over $600. During running at Cummins Tuner this truck put put 759 rwhp, on Just Bring Its dyno it laid down 689 rwhp. Also has a brand new TIPM and pillar gauges (trans temp, boost, egt's)

Simply put this truck is all new and has well over the asking price invested in, just time to move on to something else, I probably missed something, but this truck is never abused and is used as a daily driver that gets 17-21 mpg and has 37x12.50 tires the front 2 are brand new.
If interested call3167065497, but be aware I am pretty firm on the price

Last edited by Spywell; 01-04-2014 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost