5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Blower motor problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor problem?

Lately I have noticed in the mornings that sometimes my heat in my 06 wont blow on anything but high. I believe the same goes with the ac. Any way, once the engine warms up it seems that it'll blow normally. Then if I am sitting at idle and it starts to high idle it'll kick back off. This all happens until the engine completely warms up. Sometimes, now this sounds strange I know, but when I accelerate it'll kick on and when I get off of the pedal it'll stop blowing again. It's somewhat of an intermittent problem I believe. I hope you guys can follow what I'm trying to say. What are your guys opinion on it or has anyone experienced or heard of this happening? I had a buddy that was having similar problems saying it was the ignition switch in one of his trucks causing it. Could it possibly be the blower motor or is it in the controls? Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Old 12-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the blower motor completely shutting off? or is it just slowing down? The speed of your blower will change when the Air heater starts up on cold days. It pulls the voltage down and your headlights will dim and the blower motor will slow down. The air heater will cycle on and off till warm. Not sure if that is your problem, but might be.